keep yer feet warm this winter. boot mod. | Squat the Planet

keep yer feet warm this winter. boot mod.

tobepxt

Reaction score
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
if your boots dont keep your feet warm enough this idea seems like it would work.
the idea is to take one of those windshield sun shades and cut some pieces out the same size as your boot insoles. put them in the bottom of your shoes and youre done.
vse-ottenki-jelaniy-marina-kramer-27631-small.jpg
plus-24-128.png
icon_item_boots_pilgrim.png

angerisagift

Reaction score
K

Kim Chee

That shit doesn't breathe (moisture).

Maybe it will work in some instances.

Even better: cut cardboard out in the shape of your sole. Cut more pieces for backup and replace them as they get moist...maybe a couple times a day.

Rock on and take care of your feet!

• Useful
Reactions: Mankini

tobepxt

Reaction score
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
That shit doesn't breathe (moisture).

Maybe it will work in some instances.

Even better: cut cardboard out in the shape of your sole. Cut more pieces for backup and replace them as they get moist...maybe a couple times a day.

Rock on and take care of your feet!

i thought of that too... the insulation only goes under your insoles though the rubbery sole on my boots dont breathe either so i doubt it'd hurt

warlo

Reaction score
Website
www.bonsai.cf
i thought of that too... the insulation only goes under your insoles though the rubbery sole on my boots don't breathe either so i doubt it'd hurt

I was planning to do that as soon as I would get this reflective material. I thought of what you say and also that I don't like this slippery feeling under my feet. I was planning to put it at the bottom and my normal soul on top, solving both problems.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I actually have two of these things (windshield sun shades) right now and I use them as a camping pad it does condense moisture but not enough to bother me. One has a bubble wrap type material in between it the other is thinner. Together it has the thickness of about 3 pieces of cardboard is lighter and more manageable and of course reflects heat.

Art101

Reaction score
Was wondering..I have several piece of mylar bubble wrap insulation around the house.Was wondering how they would work inside a bivey as additional insulation along with a pad.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads