Just Landed in Colorado Springs, CO | Squat the Planet

Just Landed in Colorado Springs, CO

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Be careful, as they just passed a law prohibiting parking RVs on city streets in CO springs.

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
COS is my adopted hometown. (Lived there for over 12 years) I'll be there this summer for a while. (I visit once or twice a year now. May move back there some time in the near future, still debating on that).

Avoid the south and east side of town, it's beginning to be called, Chicago Springs. Robberies, carjackings, shootings, etc. Avoid areas around East Fountain Blvd and Chelton Rd. Avoid Memorial Park and Dorchester Park. Downtown ok, many homeless. Marian House soup kitchen is on East Bijou St & Cascade Ave. I lived downtown and never had problems, just watch your surroundings.

Coywolf is right, I posted an article on this site that COS passed a law on RVs parking on the streets.

Good Luck!

Reactions: heathbar

MFB

Reaction score
Just in time for a fucking tsunami!
My trailer is a fuggin rockin'!

Holla! Ill be in and out of the springs the next few months. I squat on the west side, bear creek park.

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Just in time for a fucking tsunami!
My trailer is a fuggin rockin'!

Holla! Ill be in and out of the springs the next few months. I squat on the west side, bear creek park.
Oh yeah, Bear Creek Park know it well! I have places north of the Springs! I do avoid Mt. Hermon area though.

SeymourSparechange

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Are the anti-homeless laws in colorado as fucked as Google indicates? I need a colorado local to give me some current info

Hobomatt

Reaction score
Are the anti-homeless laws in colorado as fucked as Google indicates? I need a colorado local to give me some current info
The “powers that be” are slowly tightening up on folks living on the streets. The Town of Colorado Springs does have a rep as being “a good place to be homeless”. Lots of handouts from the local homeless industry. Lots of folks flying signs too. The cops (including a 8 officer “outreach team”) are getting better at smoking people out as they camyp.

Hobomatt

Reaction score
The big issue is that maybe 10% of our “homeless” population are vagrants. Truely homeless folks can access a lot of help and they tend not to cause problems in ColoradoSprings. Our agencies are growing into a huge industry, lots of well-paid executives….

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

00kissmarrykick00

I gotta be STOKED to be FLEXIBLE!
Reaction score
The big issue is that maybe 10% of our “homeless” population are vagrants. Truely homeless folks can access a lot of help and they tend not to cause problems in ColoradoSprings. Our agencies are growing into a huge industry, lots of well-paid executives….

As someone who was homeless in Colorado springs in 2011, I'm interested in what you mean by "truly homeless folks can access a lot of help". When I was there, a lot of resources were open to everyone, capitalism and inflation issues at that time were making the homeless population fluctuate. By the time I left, there were a lot more unhoused residents.

heathbar

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
GET AWAY FROM THE MASSIVE CITY OF I25!

from foco to pueblo is basically one long city. if your smart you will take advantage of the rest of the state. all the good shit in colorado is west of i25. massive sections of blm land and tons of campgrounds in the mountains. if youd rather go east from the springs go towards the purgatory river and la junta. there is a 2 week free campground called commanche campground or something. no one ever goes out there its very remote and if you do the hike along the river you will be rewarded with a 17th century headstone of some spanish guys and dinosaur tracks that are fossilized.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads