Just Landed in Colorado Springs, CO (1 Viewer)

Current Location
Colorado Springs
For the last year I’ve been making my way around the US in my beat up RV. I still have the ache to travel but have set up shop here in Colorado Springs for a bit. Anybody from here or traveling through? Looking for some cool shit to do or cool people to meet.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
Current Location
Milwaukee Wisconsin
Website
www.youtube.com
COS is my adopted hometown. (Lived there for over 12 years) I'll be there this summer for a while. (I visit once or twice a year now. May move back there some time in the near future, still debating on that).

Avoid the south and east side of town, it's beginning to be called, Chicago Springs. Robberies, carjackings, shootings, etc. Avoid areas around East Fountain Blvd and Chelton Rd. Avoid Memorial Park and Dorchester Park. Downtown ok, many homeless. Marian House soup kitchen is on East Bijou St & Cascade Ave. I lived downtown and never had problems, just watch your surroundings.

Coywolf is right, I posted an article on this site that COS passed a law on RVs parking on the streets.

Good Luck!

MFB

Wayfarer
Current Location
CO
Just in time for a fucking tsunami!
My trailer is a fuggin rockin'!

Holla! Ill be in and out of the springs the next few months. I squat on the west side, bear creek park.

Hobomatt

Lurker
Current Location
Colorado Springs
Are the anti-homeless laws in colorado as fucked as Google indicates? I need a colorado local to give me some current info
The “powers that be” are slowly tightening up on folks living on the streets. The Town of Colorado Springs does have a rep as being “a good place to be homeless”. Lots of handouts from the local homeless industry. Lots of folks flying signs too. The cops (including a 8 officer “outreach team”) are getting better at smoking people out as they camyp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $20.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $20.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $20.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $20.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

van dwelling in san antonio. about to get on the road to oregon or someplace by end of the month. i'm still so fucked up about my dear friend @Multifaceted passing away and need to get out of our hometown..
Confirmation that travel expenses will be covered has been APPROVED! I'M OUTTA HERE!
For years now I've been told to check out r/vagabond and I looked into it. Its terrible and I'm glad i haven't met those people.
Glad to be active again here on STP. I realize now how much I missed this community
Heading to Oregon this week...anyone wanna ride along?
I'm leaving MN in Spring!
Does anyone here have experience with shops yard in L.A., i could use a little advice.
Hey all, been a while, a lot has happened! A little update, my bf got charged with domestic & my shoulder is sprained: things are in the works right now and my plan is to get an RV & GTF outta here!

Members online