Jim Stobe has passed | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Jim Stobe has passed

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
No fucking way. He like JUST posted another video a few days ago. This really sucks. I wanted to meet this guy, too. Shit

RIP Stobe. May you be able to play the great piano in the sky.

Anyone have any links to an article or anything, yet?

P

Popsicle

Beat it out girl tell em again . Even the best can fall . Your post is epic ! The oh I ride trains to every town and hassle all the citizens of that town . What the fuck is a oogle ? I mean shit these kids are gonna fill up the obituary sections quick . I'm sorry if my truth seems brash but fuck we are losing another era of good people who don't live by the code .

Bad mood today ! Gotta relax tonight in some other town .

More on this from Mark Nichols (shoestring) fb post - he's ok btw - should have lost 4 fingers but 6 operations later and now skin grafts he lost two but now maybe three but with a lot more time in hospital from his train fall.

I'd like to take this moment to ask that you pay very close attention to this post and please just open your mind and truly absorb what I have to say.........
Since the train claimed two and now maybe three of my fingers (my left hand middle finger may now have to be amputated because of a new infection) ........ then we have the kid near Truckee, California, who fell off a well car then Stobe the Hobo who was walking on a railroad bridge when an Amtrak train came and he didn't have enough room to safely squeeze up against the bridge's side, thus Amtrak train caught his pack he was wearing and drug him to death.....and the only way he was identified was through his Coast Guard records.
These trains are not toys, nor is this a kids playground! The life we real authentic hobos live is a straight up unforgiving one! You have all sorts of living and unliving threats 100% of the time......24/7/365!

:( RIP

Dmac

Reaction score
Still no link to a story in the news? IF it happened there is a story somewhere, so where is it?

DrewSTNY

Reaction score
Still no link to a story in the news? IF it happened there is a story somewhere, so where is it?

Whatever information has come out is from the Facebook page dedicated to his memory now. Sounds like most of it is from family and friends at this point. Since it didn't interrupt train service, I doubt the news will carry the story.

Psylock1045

Reaction score
I'm beside myself over this. It happened SO close to where I live...I wanted to meet him and maybe even ride with him one day. Does anyone know exactly WHERE it happened? I'd like to make a little memorial if possible. I can't believe it...T_T

Reactions: Coywolf

TrainingHoppers

Reaction score
Fuck me, dude. He was my absolute favorite. My respect for him was above and beyond. His piano arrangments were always fucking awesome as well.

Rest In Peace Stobe. You will be missed.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Ironweed

Reaction score
Is hard to lose a fellow road brother. You can never be too safe on the rails, and even then, the westbound still might pull up to snatch you to the next division. Be careful out there everybody.

Reactions: Freerange

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Last edited:

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
My way of honoring his memory is to wear it.

https://www.logosoftwear.com/mySavedDesign.php?c=d6a169177b2f6adc273b8155f5bcb962

It takes time for the company to create the shirt and get it ready, but it's worth it. You can go there anytime and order it!
I just checked this site out. bad ass idea, but expensive. I have some screen printing friends ( I make and sell tie dye clothes) I can most likely get this price reduced to $15.00 before shipping and you will be supporting a non inc. company. I'm going to make a call and re-poste.

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I just checked this site out. bad ass idea, but expensive. I have some screen printing friends ( I make and sell tie dye clothes) I can most likely get this price reduced to $15.00 before shipping and you will be supporting a non inc. company. I'm going to make a call and re-poste.
just got off messenger with Due West Press in Hailey ID, they said they are not doing well enough business wise to fill any shirt orders... witch makes no sense to me, why turn down money if having a hard time making money? I tried guys...

A

AlwaysLost

damn I spent days of my life living vicariously through this guy...RIP I'll drink a few miller high lifes in his honor even though it tastes like fermented cowdung.

Freerange

Reaction score
Story is he got caught on a trestle in Baltimore and the Amtrak came in hot. He got off the tracks and squeezed himself as far as he could but his pack somehow got snagged by the train and pulled him in with it. Service was not interruted because they didn' find him until the next morning. His folks are having a private service for close friends and family in a few days but they are planning a large celebration of life in January for fellow riders, pals, and fans of his video adventures.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm no where like some insider... I bought a few kracken today...

Celebrate his life. Tough way to go. All the best to Stobe and those who knew/cared for him.

Peace.

Reactions: Freerange

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads