Is white people stretching their ears cultural appropriation? (1 Viewer)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

MFB

Wise Sage
I embrace it at this point

I have buddhas in my room
my hand tattooed is polynesian
I like burning sage
and I adopted the 'asian squat' to poop.

For me, I just figured "ya know, white people dont know everything"

MFB

Wise Sage

MFB

Wise Sage
I know you're trying to be clever but the reality is people bind you with their cultural assumptions regardless based strictly on the way you present without any exchange of words

Oh, shit, sorry, I thought we were being silly.
I would love to discuss this seriously.

Agreed. Sadly.
It's the main reason I've always stayed clean cut. When I was young, rides have asked me if I am military.
Aesthetics has never been important to me, so I could give fudge how I look, but knew I would be less noticeable in whatever highjinx I was trying to pull if I stayed fresh and clean.
I never got the crusty look. Your asking for people to expect you to be a fuck up.
Its like being a drug dealer and rollin around in a lexus with blacked out windows!

D

Deleted member 24782

I deleted myself
Crust
Oh, shit, sorry, I thought we were being silly.
I would love to discuss this seriously.

Agreed. Sadly.
It's the main reason I've always stayed clean cut. When I was young, rides have asked me if I am military.
Aesthetics has never been important to me, so I could give fudge how I look, but knew I would be less noticeable in whatever highjinx I was trying to pull if I stayed fresh and clean.
I never got the crusty look. Your asking for people to expect you to be a fuck up.
Its like being a drug dealer and rollin around in a lexus with blacked out windows!

Crust is a like a fashion/political statement whereas clean cut is....like a survival tactic. Why WOULDNT you wanted to be treated with more respect when your traveling.

Older Than Dirt

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Yes, this is just basic "Crime 101" shit, like "One crime at a time": "Don't look like a fucking criminal."

I used to be a funny-looking punk-rock kid, with punk-rock hair, and punk-rock clothes. Then i got more stealth. The way i dress has been described as "punk-rock Amish": very plain, and mostly black. But only the very discerning might figure out the punk-rock part.

Bushpig

Wanderer
White people have been stealing from black people for ages. Way before they began stretching their earlobes.

People who care what other people look like to to fucking chill out though. Live and let live. It can be shitty sometimes, but as long as nobody is being hurt, I don't give a shit.

If anybody white people are worried about borrowing from other cultures, Bushpig said it's okay. I'm half black, so you'll need at least another mulatto to get a full brother's permission though.

Attachments

• tumblr_oooqqkov9j1w2lnrlo1_400.png
    tumblr_oooqqkov9j1w2lnrlo1_400.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 31
D

Deleted member 24782

I deleted myself
White people have been stealing from black people for ages. Way before they began stretching their earlobes.

People who care what other people look like to to fucking chill out though. Live and let live. It can be shitty sometimes, but as long as nobody is being hurt, I don't give a shit.

If anybody white people are worried about borrowing from other cultures, Bushpig said it's okay. I'm half black, so you'll need at least another mulatto to get a full brother's permission though.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $90.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $90.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.