in cali???

LarZ

Reaction score
Firstly, I don't need to tell you, but get the hell out of southern california. I think they should be two different states, and I'm very partial to the northern half. Go north and find some nature!

Yosemite, Tahoe, Shasta, Mendocino coast, the Redwoods!, Pt. Reyes.
San Francisco is pretty blown up but it's still an amazing city. Berkeley is pretty cool. Avoid Sacramento if you can.
Some of my favorite, really cool, small towns to visit are Inverness, Sebastopol, Bodega Bay, Guerneville.

All pretty general tips but like I said, start by going north and I'm sure you will find something that catches your interest. It's hard to go wrong north of SF, but I like to avoid Lake County, too many tweakers.

Hope this helps.

notconnerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Okay, here:

if you have a car, go for a drive. This is one of the best things to do. Leave when traffic isn't shit. Cajon Pass, etc. If you don't, hitch up the coast. Or go check out Orange County. Ride MetroLink all over the place. lots of interesting stuff to do around California, just go do it. It's the best place in the country.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
uhhh good job on getting laid. must be an accomplishment if you had to post that on the WWW.

seasonchange

Reaction score
i've got a ride to LA, and i've got a few good friends living there currently. but i can say that before i ever met them, there's no way i'd even think of venturing near hollywood. my plan is visit with them for a while then head to san francisco and get involved with food not bombs and homes not jails. homes not jails is a squatter's advocacy group, that brings groups of people to abandoned houses and establishes the space as a squat. food not bombs has chapters all over, so i'm assuming you're probably familiar with what they do.
and if you check out slingshot (an anarchist publication), you'll find they're pretty easy to get in touch / involved with. they'll point you in all sorts of good directions and know what's happening in the way of anarchist gatherings / protests / shows and such.
check 'em out and happy travels.

adanisback

Reaction score
go about an hour south of LA to a city called Dana Point/Laguna Hills. It's a semi small city with some great parks and some equally good beaches. The weather is warm almost all the time so sleeping outside would feel pretty good haha

Good luck man!

Chewbacka

Reaction score
I hope you plan on packing warm when you had to San Fran. I was squating on The Haight a about 3 weeks ago and it was already starting to get pretty cold. Days are still warm, but nights are getting worse and worse. Bring a tarp also to throw over yourself and gear. If you stay anywhere close to The Haight, all your gear and you will be wet in the morning from the dew and fog. Also, if you haven't squatted in San Fran, watch out for the cops. They have narcs going around looking for peoples squats. They look like people or other squaters. But don't be fooled!

kspunKeven

Reaction score
go north up the stop in garbeville for supplies countinue north till u hit weot go down the avenue of the giants along the eel river lots of cool camping places in oldgrowth redwoods be carfule there in the fall as it is harvest for all the pot farmers but one of the most beutiful places 2 hrs north on 101 is a spot outside of arcata called moonstone beach u can camp there everynight and it beautifl redwood forest hits the beach kids always at that spot

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads