I'm new here

toadflack

Reaction score
What's up to everyone, my names Toad. I just came across this site about a month ago. I traveled for a few years by rails and hitching. Now I've found myself in one of the biggest shit holes in the country, Fresno Ca stuck with a girl and now I have a 10 month old son who is the coolest person I've ever met. Thing is.....I can't keep my mind from lusting to wander. I always knew I would settle down sometime but I thought maybe a few more years. I don't know I guess I sound like a bitch but if anyone has any advice please feel free to help.

Toad

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
ahhh dont worry homie i find just replacing travelling with other high adrenaline shit works well...running and working out and anything involiving heights is good

Wolfeyes

Reaction score
Kids can be useful on the road, especially while begging or running the "Heading to X and lost the wallet" bit.

When I had my car I took a friend of mine and her kid to the beach and left with more $ than when I showed up. Having a kid visible ramps up the sympathy response in most people.

Anywho, Welcome to the site Toad, and don't let your situation get you down. Sometimes a short trip to the next county can do wonders to keep wanderlust in check.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well man, you first have to ask yourself ifyour going to be one of those selfsh douchebags who leave their kid. I'm guessing not. Then, like MURT said, find an outlet for the itchy feet. Take mom and kid on a trip to the beach or camping for the weekend, or once and a while take a night to go hiking by yourself and camp to clear your head, it helps with not doing anything stupid. and allways think about what could happen if you do just say "fuck it."

toadflack

Reaction score
thanks for that ravie. i've actually been talking to my gf lately about the idea of taking a week long trip, she seems to be cool with that.
yeah there is no way that i could say fuck it...my dad said fuck it....i know how that shit feels

oldmanLee

Reaction score
Been holding the other end of the stick(ex departed to be a "dancer",I raised the kids).It's tough,but be there for your kid,be a part of that kid's life,and not one that makes them shudder.Teach 'em,love 'em,care for 'em.The things you learn about yourself are amazing.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
it's just a similar polarity between someone having a dog and spanging or having a kid and spanging. they both draw in exrta / possibly needed smypathy to get the desired money

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
seems like a child would be taken away pretty fast and you would get yelled at alot by people. Even having a dog I get shit for being homeless with her. A kid would be all wrong on the road. not to mention how fucked up that kid would be.

Wolfeyes

Reaction score
I just came back to this post(thinking I hadn't read it yet) and re-read what I said and couldn't believe I said it.

I was a little screwed up that night. In all honesty I don't remember posting it. I'm not sure but I think I meant it as sarcasm... Take what you will from it, but I do apologize. It was a lapse of judgment on my part.

I do think that last part, about the short trips, I meant as a serous comment.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads