i need advice on how to be a dirty kid

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
No... no oogle fight.

@Primitive and @Leadbellytherxrcur take this elsewhere, you folks wanna dust up and bicker at each other please take it to PM. You're hijacking this thread with your argument.

If you want to argue civilly about the pro's and con's of sleeping in yards and business doorways. Go ahead that's in relation to the purpose of OP.

You want to have a pissing contest about trains. :D Then PM each other to your hearts content.

Thanks.

::cigar::

P

pigpen

yeah, if you can spot them before you go to sleep, cut a 2 liter in half and cover it. twist it to dig it into the ground.

i've been rudely woken in the middle of the night more than once before i learned that trick.

That's mighty respectful of you. I personally have kicked the shit out of hundreds of those awful things.

I commend you for not blowing up the spot.

• Haha
Reactions: OstrichJockey

lone wolf

Reaction score
i slept under a tree last night, in a big grassy area. when it started t rain i just covered myself with a tarp and it was fine. right now i have too much weight- tarp, hammock, tent sleeping bag. but the tent is a luxury really. no mosquitoes :)
depends on the area, i wouldn't ever want to be without a tent in florida or anywhere on the east coast for that matter. just need a small light weight tent. think my tarp weights more than my tent.

Reactions: Mankini
D

Deleted member 2626

Yeah damn tent hammock tarp. Hefty. I carry a military poncho to throw over my tent. But I'm glad to have had it lately with the mosquitoes. I'd ditch the tarp and hammock if you have a good tent that doesn't leak. Or get a like 5x5 tarp for a ground cloth or open air sleeping

Bizarre Odor

Reaction score
1. If I'm in a city I'm usually not going to be there long, if I am, I usually just walk or see if I can borrow a bike. Buses suck and are high profile especially when you have your pack with you or an animal.

2. In cities I camp in friends backyards often, if I don't know anyone in town sometimes college campuses have nice green belts that are not patrolled by security. rooftops are good also.

3. I carry a fixed blade knife with the attitude that it is a useful tool that could be used as a weapon if need be. I feel like the best weapon is intuition. Just having a weapon can cause you to forsake good intuition and common sense that would otherwise possibly prevent needing a weapon in the first place. Just my opinion though.

• Useful
Reactions: Mankini and Odin

notOK

Reaction score
Not like I'm butt hurt bout it, but certainly take issue with "smilies are for cowards and scumbags." Mace don't stop everybody. For that matter, neither does a 9mm, everytime. It's all just playing the odds. But if it comes to it, I wanna sumbitch dropped, not just pissed off. It is wiser to walk away, but blunt objects carry less serious charges than a bladed weapon as well.

Reactions: Bizarre Odor

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads