i need advice on how to be a dirty kid

Bizarre Odor

Reaction score
I think categorizing weapons as cowardly or not is missing the point. I'm going to use whatever the fuck that gets you away from me the fastest.

P

pigpen

when you hit someone with your fist you run the risk of exchanging blood with them more so than if you were to bonk them on the head with something or take out one of their knees for the matter.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Wrist rockets are an option if you know how to use them accurately. Good for discouraging dogs, varmints, and yuppies from investigating your perimeter. I have problems all the time with magpies, crows, raccoons, and skunks, as well, and a paintball or lead sinker tends to discourage them without serious injury. As far as bears and humans are concerned,you can get pepper paintballs and small pepper launchers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bizarre Odor

LaShea

Reaction score
im in need of advice. i just turned from rubber tramp to hitchhiker and although ive learned so much from my road dogs, i have much more to ask...
1. how do you transport yourself around the city?
2. where do you squat/ camp at night? can i just pitch my tent on the side of the road like i did in mexico?
3. staying safe? weapons, smileys or just common sense?

I found skunk urine to be a great weapon and deterrent. Spraying that it someones face triggers their gag reflex. You'll have time to gather your stuff and get away. Also useful for cops. My friend sprayed it on himself and his gear when he noticed them following him. They had no desire to search him or his stuff. The others, with him, weren't so lucky.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I never ventured into cities while on foot. Then again, I was hiking and just went into small towns to get supplies. Best of luck.

Reactions: Mankini

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, but how do you harvest/collect the skunk's urine? I myself sneak up to the little buggerz while theyre sleeping and oh so gently squeeze their tiny musk glands with my thumbnails, into a dixie cup. Then I transfer the essence into a small water balloon and save it for when i need it. One time a skunk almost woke up though because he heard me step on a twig!

• Haha
Reactions: Gonx and LaShea
D

Deleted member 13433

ok, I think the first one was transportation, that's easy - go with the low maintance of walking this way you have one less thing to deal with/worry about.

Sleeping ??
I agree with the person who said avoid backyards.

I went to take a piss inside a new construction apartment [in Brooklyn NY] a number of years back- and had some large objects sent my way, which thankfully none of them connected with me or else I'd be dead.
I also once took a leak [these were nightime pisses after drinking...] in a doorway to a walk up apt and got swung at by an angry man with a bumper jack !!
Like an old school 48 inch bumper jack... again, thank god he missed.

If I were you, I'd sleep on the outskirts of any place I'd be visiting - after carefully checking things out during the day.

Out here where I am at today, there's a dude who sleeps in a tarp wrapped like a blanket around a sausage hung like a hammok out here, I still got no idea how he does it, but I totally avoid that area when out with my dog - and speaking of dogs, my dad told me that his biggest fear [as a NYC Fireman during the 1960s and 70s] when getting on top of a roof during a bad fire was not the fire itself but coming across and irate German Shephard as back then, folks kept dogs on the roofs for protection.

There's also plenty of people camping along the river out here, some for quite sometime, even years.
Out of sight, out of mind I guess you could say.
One guy had an incredible base camp set up high on a rock where he stayed at for close to two years. then he simply vanished without a trace.
Some say he went further north, I don't know but I watched his canoe for him until that vanished too.
His trick was he made it look like he really owned the place, he was an older [mid 50s?] man who always looked clean. so he attracted very little attention.

Weapons ??
Best one - easier said than done - is to simply avoid confrontation in the first place, which I know - that's very difficult to do - if not impossible.

I once pulled a speargun [I'm a free-diver] on someone I decided I did not want sizing me up, I never seen anyone run so fast.

On the other hand, I recently had it gently explained to me that at a particular boat ramp, my safety could not be gaurateed - so needless to say - I don't launch out of there anymore because I have a dog waiting for me to come home.

Believe me, it sucks when one has to compromise one's life out of fear.....

As for wildlife, I have never had any problems with wildlife - even what is called nusence wildlife - perhaps because the animals view me as another kind of animal, I don't know... but I have always co-existed with the animals fine when outdoors.

I could be wrong - but it is probably safe to say that almost everywhere, there are people living on the fringes of society.

They say there is strength in numbers, perhaps your best bet is to check things out and see if there is a group that will let you stay with them or close by.

I myself on the other hand prefer to be alone.

Ralph Nader once stated that as a citizen, we the people own all the public lands.
To me, that means we should be allowed to camp on them.
[^^just some food for thought]

I'm sorry I have no real solid advice for you................ except to go with your gut instinct.

LaShea

Reaction score
Yes, but how do you harvest/collect the skunk's urine? I myself sneak up to the little buggerz while theyre sleeping and oh so gently squeeze their tiny musk glands with my thumbnails, into a dixie cup. Then I transfer the essence into a small water balloon and save it for when i need it. One time a skunk almost woke up though because he heard me step on a twig!

LOL...Bonding with the wildlife.

Actually found it while camping along with a bottle of buck urine. You can buy it at a sporting goods store. Used the buck urine to stash my stuff. I'd wrap my pack in 2 trash bags. Then placed the protected pack in an old ratty trash bag and sprayed it. People tend to not to rip apart an old piss smelling trash bag for goodies.

A diaper is a good way to stash small valuables. Just wrap it like a dirty diaper. Perfect way to hide your phone, wallet, etc at the beach.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Dude that is badazz. :) I am going to use that. I perform poetry at Open mic's quite a bit. My routine is called "The Man in tha Golden Diaper."

Reactions: LaShea

LaShea

Reaction score
Dude that is badazz. :) I am going to use that. I perform poetry at Open mic's quite a bit. My routine is called "The Man in tha Golden Diaper."

Sounds interesting. For some reason this came to mind...lol
rocky-horror-picture-show-tim-curry-peter-hinwood.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Mankini

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads