I found the stop smoking remedy!

B

Benny

First off, I don't care if you love or hate smoking or want to smoke until it kills you.

I came to the realization that it was killing me and I was paying the big tobacco/government taxes for an early painful death.

If you want to quit then go to the library or buy/steal this book.....................The Easy Way to Quit Smoking by Allan Carr.

IT WORKS!!!!!! I've been a non-smoker for 18 days and its so fucking easy.

B

Benny

I don't believe that, if your quitting to improve your health and replace the smokes with something healthier than aint that a victory?

In theory it sounds great. It doesn't work though because I've tried it along with thousands of other people. Read the book...most of what we think we know about smoking is a falsity.

menu

Reaction score
sunflower seed tear a mouth the fuck up. I tried that once and my mouth was raw for a grip

P

Pheonix

In theory it sounds great. It doesn't work though because I've tried it along with thousands of other people. Read the book...most of what we think we know about smoking is a falsity.

I have read it and I thought it was a bunch of psychological bullshit. but I also don't believe in addiction as a disease I was heavy into every street narcotic there is and quit them all cold turkey, I was a 24/7 drunk and quit cold turkey, and I quit smoking cigs cold turkey without ever looking back. if it works it works, your basically saying the only way to quit is the way you did it that's like AA saying the only way you can quit is to give your life over to a higher power.

B

Benny

What about it is psychological bullshit? That book was the only thing that I have ever read that told the real truth. I congratulate you on quitting cold turkey but for most of the population that wants to be free, have a much harder time quitting.

Squidaroo

Reaction score
So pretty much the idea is to not replace the addiction or oral fixation but quit?

astreet09

Reaction score
Never read the book, but quit cold turkey on my 3rd attempt. Its Almost January, and I haven't smoked since July.

I don't know. I quit for the same reason you did, and all I had to do was CONSTANTLY remind myself why I was doing it. But I also still get cravings sometimes, so I don't know. Maybe there is more to it.

astreet09

Reaction score
I actually think that makes it a little bit harder, but I also thought gum/patches made me more irritated. I don't think smoking something that looks and (sorta? not really) feels like a cigarette isn't going to help you slow down/stop if you're just supplementing it. But thats just what my problem was.

axolotl

Reaction score
no offense but you sound kind of like an informercial - can someone who´s read the book give a technique?

i do agree though that the most effective long-term thing to do is get the need for any kind of addiction out of your system.
i´ve found the best things to do are:
analyze why you smoke/ how you can manage stress or whatever it is without drugs
read about all the shit they do to your health, and compare how you feel physically smoking vs not smoking
fast for a day then avoid caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and simple carbohydrates at least until you don´t have any nicotine cravings

Ithyphallic

Reaction score
I just looked at it logically. I'm gaining nothing but a few minutes of stimulation from the smoke, it's costing me a fortune (I barely have money to feed my dog on a good day) to slowly kill myself. Cigarettes are mostly a chemical addiction, all they do is increase the amount of nicotene required by your brain to stay balanced and happy. The brain already produces natural nicotene, but in much smaller amounts. So all your doing is pissing your money into a massive corporation to bring your body back to baseline, back to sobriety essentially. The other additives provide the rush, the high (mostly lack of oxygen related I think) that stimulates the mind. In the end you are not benefitting at all, except to build more and more stress and discomfort until you give in and roll/spark that next smoke.

It's nonsensical in so many ways, I just remain a rational, thinking human being and continue smoking. Quit cold turkey, in the middle of smoking weed with my friends gave my pouch of drum to one of them, haven't looked back in almost a full month now. I also quit blazing and drinking that same night, so we'll see what happens next time I get drunk or blazed (if ever). But quitting drinking just had to happen for me to cut smoking, the two for a very long time where part and parcel for me; I wouldnt smoke if I didnt have a drink and wouldn't drink unless I had a smoke. But up until I quit I was having at least 3-4 pretty fat hand rolled smokes, plus a few spliffs a day, it was getting absurd.

Uncle Mom

Reaction score
Website
www.freedirtfilm.com
I already have severe health issues. Quitting is a good idea, and to he'll with the taxes. I think it would be easier for me if whoever I was traveling with quit also.

Either that, or we slaughter each other.......

blackcoffee

Reaction score
i always have a problem when i try to quit. i usually end up smoking when i am drinking because ill care less about the wicked world and the big cigarette trying to steal my last cent until i am six feet under. ahhh!! i need to check out this book. check your local zine library i have read some pretty comprehensive zines about quitting smoking without pills, gum or patches.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads