I found the stop smoking remedy!

M

Mouse

u'd think watching both of my grandmothers die from lung issues would be enuff but I still crack now and then. I know all the reasons why I smoke, but can't bring myself to really care.

I havent' smoked since late friday night. it's early monday morning now. I probably wont smoke again for a few days. I usually go a week or sometimes two without smoking. but when I'm out drinking or hanging out with ppl that smoke, I'll do it. it's a purely social thing.

CardBoardBox

Reaction score
I'll tell you how I quit smoking.
Chainsmoke a pack of drum in three days then get pneumonia and spend a month in bed.
My lungs have never been the same. Part of me wants to smoke but a better part of me knows if I want to do any sort of travelling this spring I need to keep the tiny frail fragments of whats left of my lungs. 4 months later and this cough still isn't any better.

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ahh all this talk of cigs makes me want a cig, love my kools!

large_rescue-me-iceman.jpg

LIGHT 'EM UP!!!

3t87

Reaction score
i smoked numerous smokes a day 2-3 packs of rollies a day with 2 friends and myself and multiple taylor mades bummin, and i had decided to quit smoking but before i quit all tobacco i would chew 1 can of grizzly wintergreen every week for 3 wks and after that i was good, i sometime doubt my ownself though, it is hard and at times i really do want a cig but havent touched one yet its been 73 days with no smokes or chew.

tree hopper

Reaction score
i've been able to quit at times for periods of up to six months and what i found helped was not "quitting" by planning the whole thing out and setting a certain day to have my last smoke and instead just having the idea that i wanted to quit in my head and then just letting it slowly happen, i dont know if that makes any sense or if anyone can relate but personally if i commit to something or plan it out in advance as opposed to just knowing that (whatever it is) is something i want to do and working towards that and letting it happen minus the pressure to have to do it on a specific date then it is alot easier and less stressful and just happens more naturally... especially with smoking cuz the first couple times i tried to quit and planned it out i failed miserably and smoked like crazy before my "last day" till i was sick instead of gradually just takin it down a notch. i know only choosing to quit for up to six months might not count as "quitting" to anyone but that's a long time for me personally and all i can share is my personal experience and hope it helps somehow so i don't know, just haven't wanted to give it up completely yet. also i had a close friend who met this guy who's wife does hypnosis and acupuncture and my friend (chad) went to her for both hypnosis and acupuncture and he swears by it that it completely helped him quit smoking and with other issues he had going on, like anxiety and sleep problems, etc... i dont know how much any of that costs cuz he got to do it for free but im sure i could find out info. if anyone wants any. anyways these were just my thoughts after reading this thread. thx for letting me share. good luck to anyone trying to quit.
live out loud.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads