I am Wasteland.

Wasteland

Reaction score
Hello StP, I am Wasteland. I have come here for a very specific purpose; I wish to learn survivalist tactics in urban and other environments in the event I ever need the skills. I figure this is the best place to learn and grow within a community of fellows.

Skills I have learned before joining are:

Parkour
A long list of martial arts
Spanish (illiterate, understand more than I can speak it)
Survival skills in wild areas
How to disguise myself
Team based thinking and acting

I have other skills, but these are all the ones I deem relevant to this forum and thread. I look forward to working with you all.

MunicipalWaylan

Reaction score
welcome to STP, if you're ever in the NY area I'd be down to kick it and learn some parkour

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
Do you know how to give handjobs? Cuz I've really been....
just kidding dog, welcome to the forum. Dont take yourself so sertiously and definitely dont go out shooing congresspeople in malls, that shit is not cool. There may be serious things at stake in life, irregardless, you must play it as a game or you'll drown in self-introspection. And no-one will want to give you handjobs.
Anyone?

SkyeDawg

Reaction score
Beware of sweaty boot rash!

It's funny tho cause it sounds like this guy wants to be an urban commando, or a bum. I can't tell which. Urban Bummando. Like Rambo with a squeegee and a bucket.

Honestly, I'd have a ton of advice for this guy, but he seems like a creeper. Wasteland? Martial Arts? Survival skills? Spanish languages? DISGUISES?

What are you gonna go hunt mexicans on the border or some shit? Why exactly do you want to know about how to sneak around? Who are you, where are you from, and what do you do? Are you already a tramp, and trying to find new ways to get by? Are you like a kid who wants to run away from home?

I got news for ya, running away is NOT a good idea if you don't know what you're doing.

Maybe if you tell me more about who you are as a person and why you want to know about this stuff, I will share with you. I dunno... Disguises? Who are you hiding from? I use blonde wigs n shit on stage with bands I play with, but I don't generally use disguises in regular life. What would you be doing with that? Stalking and killing somebody?

You sound like a Terrorist, kinda. Definitely throws up red flags. So yeah, tell me more about yourself. I can tell you ANYTHING you need to know about urban survival. I used to crack jokes that I was going to run a show called "Survivor: Southside LA". But yeah, you have to tell me who YOU are.

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
Release the troll!

Eadoin

Reaction score
hahahahahahhahaha oh man, you cant even make that shit up its soo good. "a long list of martial arts" is my favorite, with "team based thinking and acting" coming in a close second. i dont mean to be a dbag and pick on you or anything. im sure you could out-survive me and kick my ass, especially because you would be disguised and possibly with a team. but i agree with murt, ya gotta chill out a bit man.

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
I disagree, with everyone else's judgement (although you may prove me wrong).
You seem interesting and into learning cool and useful skills. But the most likely thing I can think of those skills being useful for is high-risk activism, and if that's the case, I'm confused why you made an account here, especially one where you posted an intro. This site not only has nationalist/right wing members, but also has anarchist affiliations which automatically make it a target for surveillance. That combined with your moralistic and shallow reply to the "on stealing" thread makes me think you might be confused. Or you are just a regular kid trying to look cool, I can respect that because I am one of those as well.
Anyway, welcome to the board and don't be scared away by the shittalk.

Wasteland

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I think I will do just fine here.

Your post seem to be the most interesting Gudj, I will start with response to you. I consider myself an Anarchist but not the conventional type. My reasoning behind this choice is simple; due to the developments most powerful societies have taken, developing a single nation of all creeds and peoples is all but possible. There is no perfect form of government currently existing and the ideals combined with most work ethics makes a Utopia a distant dream. I therefore do not believe that a perfect order or government is possible, and therefore turn to Anarchy as a path to perfection.

This obviously has a lot more of an explanation behind it, but I may leave that for another thread or discussion if you wish.

It's interesting you have observed my posting habits, but not totally unexpected. I believe you are a mod based on the fact you have a green color name and something random under it instead of an average rank. If I am correct, then the chances of you viewing my history on the site is very likely. If I am wrong, then you are simply an observant user.

On to a response about the content of the post you are addressing, I stated what I did using critical thinking and analysis. I built up from a path that seemed reasonable as well as logical, and if you follow the post I believe you would agree. As to my actual opinion on stealing, almost everything is dependent upon the situation, but as an answer to the general question and original post, I believe I did a sufficient job of answering and possibly of inspiring discussion.

The reasons I listed the skills I did are as follows:

Parkour- Increases my mobility and adds to options if I am ever in need of getting away from a horrible situation or if I need to get to a place normally considered hard to achieve.

A long list of martial arts- These have come in handy on more than one occasion. Traveling, and even simply existing can be dangerous as you confront multiple people every day, and all of them are potential threats. When you can defend yourself without a weapon, and if necessary turn an ordinary object into a weapon when necessary, this becomes invaluable.

Spanish- This one is fairly obvious. The greater your communication skills, the better off you are.

Survival skills in wild areas- Started learning from the Boy Scouts, honed this with experience. Wilderness survival is something I believe every traveler needs, as getting lost in an area such as this could mean death.

How to disguise myself- Learned from Nunjutsu, disguising yourself is usually the best comouflage, by hiding in plain sight you can avoid a lot of trouble, and get interesting information.

Team based learning and acting- As a team, things that were earlier impossible become easy, and things can be done more efficiently. Working as a team can bring very important advantages, but first you must know how to be part of a team, and how to be a team player.

By stating these qualities, I hope to find people who share these traits and have common ground with them. It is also listed as a means of showing what I have to offer in exchange for other advice.

To Eadoin:

I don't understand what you mean by chill out, but thank you for the advice.

To SkyDawg:

I like your sense of humor, and you do make some interesting points. I've explained why I listed those skills but I have not stated much about who I am. If I had to describe myself, I wouldn't know were to start. So I'll answer some of your questions.

I hide from everyone to avoid being disturbed and to avoid trouble. I am not a kid running away from home nor do I have interest in leaving my family.

Why I want to know about urban survival: I am interested in how people survive outside of house and home, and view it as interesting. I would also like to be able to adapt in this way if need be.

Terrorism in my case is unlikely. I was born and raised in the United States, am a certified Eagle Scout, and have no interest for instilling fear in the hearts of my own people.

To Murt:

Interesting advice. Reminds me of Newgrounds.

To Municipal:

I'll keep that in mind.

xbocax

Reaction score
So youve finally made it to STP
500full.jpg

haha i kid you seem like a very handy person to have around
for humor and survival :]

Abbie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Wooah this post was super intense. Wasteland..I give you props I totally thought you were a terrorist too but you redeemed yourself pretty well. I'm still a bit confused though. All the skills you possess are really interesting but I dont understand what your so afraid of. I mean, If your gonna travel then just travel..no guideline necessary just common sense. Other than that assumption, I have no idea what your getting at here ha

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads