How many of you are traveling with warrants?

Everymanalion

Reaction score
I walked across last year across the bridge and no one stopped me or did asked me anything, it was a straight walk through. No gates or anything, just a bridge ha. so who knows otherplaces but in brownsville TX

crux

Reaction score
If your talking to me - Theyre all misdemeanors wich dont (?usually?) get detected outside of state lines.I think I was told by a sherriff upon being released from Slidell jail that skipping my probation will be detectable in LA and Texas and i think maybe he said Mississippii but ive also discovered that goverment authority figures lie constantly about shit like that to try and keep us in line.

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
I was on felony probation in pa and left. I just recently went to jail in jax fl for something unrelated. Pa listed my warrant as non extraditable so when I finally got out pa didn't hold me. Most of the time...depending on the state...they aren't willing to extradite over small bs. It costs them tons of money to extradite. Serious drug offended and certain felonies (f1's for sure) can be extraditable but remember each case is different. If you are currently NOT in the state you are wanted in...call them up and ask them if you are extraditable. They will tell you. That's how I found out I wasn't long before I got rearrested. If you are in the state you are wanted in they will almost always extradite. I don't think you need to run to Mexico.

Reactions: JustK

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
I have asked this before in a more modified version but i have violated my misdemeanor probation by traveling and have a warrant, was curious who else is traveling with warrants and how many times have you actually just had a slap on the wrist and let go when a cop runs your info and finds you have a warrant and how many times have you been taken to jail to await to see if that state you have the warrant in will extradite you? curious about others experiences.

I have current warrants but have been lucky enough to have avoided capture haha. Some states extradite some don't. You can probably google a list somewhere online. Dustin had a warrant in ga and it didn't come up when he was arrested in Arkansas. It's probably closer states/counties unless it's a serious offense generally.

RubyOutlaw

Reaction score
oh my god dude, Its fucking simple assault...is this the first time you've been in trouble? I got warrants for fighting cops in SF- five felony warrants- that they dont give a damn to come get me for. They wouldnt pick me up 15 minutes from sf, even though I was being held in custody for them. I did four days and walked. Never went to court. they dont give a shit about ur warrants, man. And if you are so concerned that you're talking about running away to mexico then either run away to mexico or go face your warrants but this whole rant reminds me of that kid, that one person, who you always find in a holding cell, panicked, asking every person they see what's going to happen....it's gonna be alright man.

kadenelias

Reaction score
I don't now but it's possible I'll get arrested for civil disobedience, and I'm not going to sit around waiting for court dates to start traveling.

P

Pheonix

oh my god dude, Its fucking simple assault...is this the first time you've been in trouble? I got warrants for fighting cops in SF- five felony warrants- that they dont give a damn to come get me for. They wouldnt pick me up 15 minutes from sf, even though I was being held in custody for them. I did four days and walked. Never went to court. they dont give a shit about ur warrants, man. And if you are so concerned that you're talking about running away to mexico then either run away to mexico or go face your warrants but this whole rant reminds me of that kid, that one person, who you always find in a holding cell, panicked, asking every person they see what's going to happen....it's gonna be alright man.

hahaha... and if you scare easy Mexico might NOT be the best place for you.

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Running away to Mexico is not related to my probation/having warrants, and not the reason i would be going, and yes, this is the first time i have been CAUGHT doing anything. Why is that so bad? No reason to be rude, it was a simple question. Sorry not everyone as been in every single situation to know the outcome of. Dont make me out to be some dime a dozen pussy just because i asked a single question on an internet forum because that is not the case.

Ive been to Mexico numerous times and im not made nervous by it nor am i by my situation, i just wanted information. Thanks "Ruby".

Reactions: Unslap

venusinpisces

Reaction score
Generally speaking, you will not be extradited across state lines for misdemeanor warrants, as everyone else has said. The national database has a lot of bugs in it so it's easy to slip through the cracks. I've been to jail in 6 different states (for extremely petty stuff, like shoplifting, trespassing, etc.) and every time I've had my name run almost none of that even comes up, including warrants. But, if you are planning on spending any time whatsoever in the state where the warrant was issued, do yourself a favor and get your legal problems taken care of. The extradition process takes forever and you are shipped from county to county while handcuffed on an extremely crowded bus with no AC. I've been extradited from city to county jail on several occasions and the process is a lot more tedious and unpleasant than just being locked up. That being said, the idea of fleeing to the most crime-ridden area of Mexico over a misdemeanor warrant is absurd. Police in Mx make US cops look like kittens and rainbows.

venusinpisces

Reaction score
Generally speaking, you will not be extradited across state lines for misdemeanor warrants, as everyone else has said. The national database has a lot of bugs in it so it's easy to slip through the cracks. I've been to jail in 6 different states (for extremely petty stuff, like shoplifting, trespassing, etc.) and every time I've had my name run almost none of that even comes up, including warrants. But, if you are planning on spending any time whatsoever in the state where the warrant was issued, do yourself a favor and get your legal problems taken care of. The extradition process takes forever and you are shipped from county to county while handcuffed on an extremely crowded bus with no AC. I've been extradited from city to county jail on several occasions and the process is a lot more tedious and unpleasant than just being locked up. That being said, the idea of fleeing to the most crime-ridden area of Mexico over a misdemeanor warrant is absurd. Police in Mx make US cops look like kittens and rainbows.

Everymanalion

Reaction score
For the second time, ME GOING TO MEXICO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WARRANTS. It was "I wanted to travel to Mexico BUT i have warrants" , not "I have warrants, therefore im going to Mexico".

Everymanalion

Reaction score
And let me guess, someone is going to vindicate being talked down to on this forum by saying "HEY DONT ASK A QUESTION IF YOU DONT WANT AN ANSWER" argument. Always works to turn it around huh? lolz.

And my stupidity, after looking at my case more my actual sentencing was for possession of a deadly weapon with intent? Simple assault was just tacked on i guess, or so this paperwork says. Thank you Miztress for the PA related answer.

RubyOutlaw

Reaction score
I guess I do come off as rude and abrasive. Well, I am and it's nothing personal man. Just the way I am. But it's hard to ask that kind of question at all because all you're getting here is generalities and you probably know most of it....so, thus my rude answer. No one can answer your question. We don't know. I didn't say there was anything wrong with not having been in a boat load of trouble, just pointing out the obvious, case and point.

Reactions: Everymanalion

RubyOutlaw

Reaction score
I was on felony probation in pa and left. I just recently went to jail in jax fl for something unrelated. Pa listed my warrant as non extraditable so when I finally got out pa didn't hold me. Most of the time...depending on the state...they aren't willing to extradite over small bs. It costs them tons of money to extradite. Serious drug offended and certain felonies (f1's for sure) can be extraditable but remember each case is different. If you are currently NOT in the state you are wanted in...call them up and ask them if you are extraditable. They will tell you. That's how I found out I wasn't long before I got rearrested. If you are in the state you are wanted in they will almost always extradite. I don't think you need to run to Mexico.
Wow, if PA wouldnt extradite you for then anything else in PA should be no prob as long as one weren't there because in my experience they were a lot worse than that, however dwindling budgets and whatnot....that's some kind of luck.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads