How many of you are traveling with warrants? | Squat the Planet

How many of you are traveling with warrants?

Everymanalion

Reaction score
I have asked this before in a more modified version but i have violated my misdemeanor probation by traveling and have a warrant, was curious who else is traveling with warrants and how many times have you actually just had a slap on the wrist and let go when a cop runs your info and finds you have a warrant and how many times have you been taken to jail to await to see if that state you have the warrant in will extradite you? curious about others experiences.

jaz420

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
depends what the warrent was for. i know this dude who missed drug court, had 2 warrents and had crack rocks found in his car when he was found and only got a year probation and 30 days(cuz he had to wait for court but it counted as time served for sum reason). it depends where you get caught,how good your lawyer is and what the circumstances are when you get arrested. idk what your warrent/warrents are for but most likely if it isnt too bad you might sit in county for a month then get probation after court. i hope i helped... :l

jaz420

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Simple assault.
yeah that aint shit. they will prolly put you in county for a few days,and give you a court date. that is when/if you get found. if you have a record for missing court you will be held in county until the court date they give you. otherwise you will be released. but once/if you miss court they will put out another warrant for your arrest

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Im thinking of going into mexico/central/south america and staying down there for good and just saying fuck these warrants, i have no more living family nor do i care about coming back. Can you renew your passport while you are in another country still? With warrants?

Dead horse

Reaction score
Ya I'm assuming you guys are stateside of the border but in Canada I've had warrents in Toronto for simple breaches and been jacked up in Vancouver and the cops had to let me go. Unless its serious your good as long as you dont get jacked up in the Province your wanted in

Reactions: Everymanalion

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Well what about in the US? i wanna stay in Mexico, if you stay within the first 100 miles of the border you dont need a visa/passport, im thinking if i live the rest of my days in the border towns and going deeper every once and awhile ill be fine. I was planning on leaving the US if i had warrants or not either way im just curious about specifics.

P

Pheonix

I wasent asking just you, i meant it as a general question to the community, i cant be the only one on here who is wanted and traveling.

no one on here is wanted, we are all unwanted. they don't want to waste money on bringing any of us back to their town, they're all happy that we left.

Everymanalion

Reaction score
I also read that misdemeanor warrants arent entered into the NCIS or whatever the hell is the international database, anyone have any info on this? ive googled it to no avail, i know there are some conspiracy theorists on here who know alot about tracking and government policies who can help me out thanks!

jaz420

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
yeah when i read it i was like "way to be an asshole" i was just sayin that i had no more input on this thread. and honestly google does answer most questions so i was just tellin you how to find the info you were looking for.

Everymanalion

Reaction score
And what type of warrant do they put out for not showing up to a probation meeting you have every few months? is it a felony to miss a check in or a misdemeanor if the actual crime is a misdemeanor? ive tried asking lawyers and others but they want money to answer anything ha

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
Just wanted to say a heartfelt congrats for leaving (PA, wasn't it?); I know you were nervous about it, and apparently continue to be! Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I have no personal experience to report about traveling with warrants, but I DO have a buddy who had somewhere on the order of 19 open intox. warrants out (that was back in our party-party days in Asheville) :), and that shit doesn't even show up on NCIC... Of course, your situation is a little different, since you DID begin the process of going through probation, and all that lovely jazz; I'm really not sure, though. As another poster said, google that shit! It's *seriously* alll on the interweb, and I can rest assure you that there are numerous people out there who can answer these questions perhaps better than this board can. Try this, for example: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3320711&userid=41371...

As far as traveling outside the U.S. with warrants out, everything I've *ever* heard and read about says that they will most likely not allow you to leave the country, but I could be wrong. Again... check Google. :) Either way, I feel your pain, man... Best of luck to ya. But yeah, that one link I posted has something about pick-up radii in it; I was just skimming, so you'll have to do some more checking.

Reactions: Everymanalion

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Naw its called NCIC in the US. I heard they dont put misdemeanor warrants in that system, its what cops use when they go to check your ID at a traffic stop on a national level on their little computers.

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Thank you barefoot! i was thinking about walking across the border into MEX and so i know for sure they dont do checks of people leaving who walk across the border backround/warrant wise, atleast the brownsville/matamoros border. I just have heard that something as small as a misdemeanor 3(simple assault) would not be put into the NCIC if i violated probation for that by not showing up to a probation meeting.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads