how do i get rid of lice in dreads? | Page 5 | Squat the Planet

how do i get rid of lice in dreads?

Reaction score
So my dreads are around 7 years old now and I definitely won't ever cut them off because of bugs. Unfortunately EVERY damn time I go to rainbow I get bugs. I don't go much anymore because of that. But I get rid of them with rubbing alcohol.
Just soak my hair in alcohol and put a plastic bag on my head for 10 min. Do it every other day for a week and they're all dead. It only kills the hatched bugs but if you kill them before they can mature and lay more eggs they all die off.
Granted I'm sure I have a bug carcass or two in my dreads somewhere they still never stink and I have my locks still.

Reactions: pir8 qu33n
L

Latasha Hulsey

I chopped em. I'm living between two places right now and everybody from both said I was getting the boot if I didn't rid myself of them within 24 hours. I'm not quite down to sleep at ONH considering the fact that that place is crawling with homebums and lice.. My pube hair is longer than most of the hair on my head right nowgoddamit.

Spacescum

Reaction score
leave fabric with jam something sugary in the ground over night. in the morning it will be covered with ants, take that and put it on your head the ants will eat the lice / leave when the job is done. if you dont like the idea of ants looks up on google - lice predators and take your pick of which is more preferable. but i believe ants is your best bet. by the way ants is an old trick used in concentration camps

Spacescum

Reaction score
I don't think any method is going to work 100% unless you pick out all the nits or completely destroy them with heat.
I had some friends (stubborn ones) that tried to get rid of lice earlier this year. They did all the home remedies possible and none of them worked

Ants will work 100% if you give them time ( old trick used in concentration camps )

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads