hitching out of DC

ipoPua

Reaction score
k so i figured out how i can get from buffalo to DC and skate FDR in philly on the way, for only 20 bucks, and then i can check out virginia and the carolinas before i visit family in florida and have a gay ol' time before i go west. but the question is-

any tips on where to get on the 95 s out of dc? fun shit to do in DC or phil? places i oughta hit south of there? im super pumped about this trip and id like any advice you may have. also trying to decide if i should get pepspray lol or if my knife is enough. so pumped dude.

ipoPua

Reaction score
also whats a good area of any sunny state to get into kayaking? like anywhere its cheaper than other places in general? i really wanna build up my arms lol, and i love kayaks.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
you can take public transpo pretty far south outta DC ....i know at least as far as Manassas VA on the VRE commuter train out of union station...... oh yeah, and i guess alot of kids take the "chinatown bus" to richmond outta DC

Reactions: ipoPua

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
k so i figured out how i can get from buffalo to DC and skate FDR in philly on the way, for only 20 bucks, and then i can check out virginia and the carolinas before i visit family in florida and have a gay ol' time before i go west. but the question is-

any tips on where to get on the 95 s out of dc? fun shit to do in DC or phil? places i oughta hit south of there? im super pumped about this trip and id like any advice you may have. also trying to decide if i should get pepspray lol or if my knife is enough. so pumped dude.
Even if one does not skate, FDR is a great place to sit and have a beer or two while watching the trains. Great spot!

Reactions: bryanpaul

bryanpaul

Reaction score
Even if one does not skate, FDR is a great place to sit and have a beer or two while watching the trains. Great spot!
yeah it's funny...philadelphia is this huge city...lots of cool suburbs and shit to get into...and everytime i'm there i just end up at FDR...skatin and drinkin beer

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
Iwent to one cool neighbourhood bar in DC , kinna cheap, wish i could remember the name, anyway the people there told us it was THE ONLY cheap bar in all of washington DC. So don't expect to find cheap eats or drinks, even in Arlington etc.
The smithsonian museums are mostly just off the Nat'l Mall and all free, I had my buddy watch my gear when i went in, i believe they don't let your gear in. maybe just maybe, you could check it w. the security???? i wouldn't count on it, you have to pass thru a metal detector to get in. Check out the Plants/Biodome museum type place, it is really awesome and they have a jungle room, a desert room, etc etc. I tried picking a cacao fruit in the jungle room.
I'm not sure you could do it out of DC or Boston, but you can definitely hop the Amtrak Acela Express out of any other stop. Get on all cool, maybe chill in the bathroom for a sec til you get rolling, when they ask for your ticket you'll already be rolling, you go 100-150 MPH and you dont stop anywhere btn Balt/DC or philly/Balt etc, so you just got a nice free ride. VRE goes to Manassas which is a chill catchout.
My real advice is picking up a sugar mama who works for the gov't and getting her to buy ya treats and let ya sleep in her bed. Preferrably a FBI receptionist so she can clear my record.

ipoPua

Reaction score
nope not from DC at all, this'll be my second time there(first was when i was like 14, w/ family). i hadn't even thought to check the bus from DC on i just assumed it'd be too much, but pick the right time and it's only a buck to richmond so thanks for the tip.

and ive been thinking about skipping philly nd come back later on cos im not really good enough to skate fdr anyway lol, and it doesnt seem like a good city for my first stop on my first trip. still debating though. thanks for the help guys

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads