Hello from RVA

Eatgarlic

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
My about me says a lot but I will put something here just for the hell of it.

I live in Richmond, VA. Have been here for about 3 years off and on. I grew up about 30 minutes south of here in a little town called Matoaca, which is right next to Petersburg, a bigger city. I've lived in VA all my life but have traveled a good amount although there is SO much more I need to see. Been living and paying rent in the city for a bit, come march 2010 it'll be 2 years! wow. crazy right? where the fuck does time go?

I live at a house that is also an anarchist lending library, called The Flying Brick library, more info here:

www.myspace.com/theflyingbricklibrary

I try to do a lot of activism in my free time, i mostly work on the library and Richmond Food Not Bombs and other random things. I am in a collective that does consent workshops and tries to share information about healthy communication in sexual activity and just life in general.

I drink but I am not a scum bag about it and you won't see me spending my last few dollars on a 40. I rarely smoke. No hard drugs. I'm a pretty positive person, and try to stay productive. I am not into being a wasteoid or a drunk or a scumfuck. I just feel like I need to reiterate that because I meet so many fuckin kids that are. I don't think I am better than anyone, but it just aint my thing ya know? But of course, to each their own...

with that being said, I hope I don't sound like an asshole, and I would love to meet up with awesome kids and show them around richmond if they come through, or give you travel advice or whatever. I'm a pretty nice person and I think I make pretty good company!

Safe travels everyone!

xo

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I drink but I am not a scum bag about it and you won't see me spending my last few dollars on a 40. I rarely smoke. No hard drugs. I'm a pretty positive person, and try to stay productive. I am not into being a wasteoid or a drunk or a scumfuck. I just feel like I need to reiterate that because I meet so many fuckin kids that are. I don't think I am better than anyone, but it just aint my thing ya know? But of course, to each their own...

this statement makes me happy. would love to visit you next time i bring the bus through rva!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads