Hello all. | Squat the Planet

Hello all.

Stope

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Stope. I'm a highschooler in Oklahoma. I live with a pretty wealthy family, and I'm not a big fan of my my current life. Now I'm approaching a time when I am expected to go to a big university and get a "respectable" job. I don't really know what I'm going to do, but squatting sounds exactly like the lifestyle I would like. I just thought I'd let you guys know a little about me.

I

IBRRHOBO

i grew up in OK as well. look, take advantage of the money you have. sock some away; make ur folks think ur into hiking or whatever and tailor the funds towards purchasing stuff. as to hating how they spend their money, i kinda feel that's pretty crass. they earned it. and having parents wanting you to do good in life isn't bad either. that's a problems in a lot of posts; kids (maybe you maybe not) cling onto this idea that it's cool to hate money and the system and shit. so, i guess if you'd feel better being poor (and i can tell ya poor in OK is NOT FUCKING FUN) maybe you could head on over to Big Mac when u turn 18?

look, i can think of a lot of reasons why life sucks other than coming from a rich family. i have a kid on the way myself and rode trains longer than you've been alive so i have seen both sides. i'd just recommend how to APPLY all that horrible money to a way you'd feel better about.

and if you really feel that bad about all the money you can make a donation (in care of me) to the Church of the Malt Liquor!

welcome aboard and good luck!

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
I would suggest basically what IBRRHOBO is saying and try to funnel some of your families money into something you feel is worthwhile. For example, go to school for agriculture, or better yet, perma-culture. Then take some family money, but some land and start a punk farm or something. Not all of use have the resources to do this, but there's a lot of us out there who'd be stoked to help out.

I am also accepting donations to the "Beegod Santana's start the biggest fucking pot farm on the planet" organization.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
wow i guess it is true how kids want to be the opposite of they're parents :D

nah, welcome kid ;) if you have any questions your embaressed to ask or just want to chat send me a pm. :D

M

Monkeywrench

Howdy, Stope. Definitely consider IBRRHOBO's advice about the gear. That's the one thing my parent's help me out with if I ever head home. They won't give me ca$h, but they'll swing me by REI for little things. Hah. Safe journeys.

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
everybody here is right!
my motovation is to show those housed and jobbed the errors of there lives
every person that stops living as sociaty wants them to and starts trampin is a saved soul
sound as bad as a christian huh
jobs dont last. houses rot and fall down. familys corupt. wemen cheat and destroy men and vice versa (men turn good wemen into housewives weak and meek.
death is 100% guarenteed. the seas roil. the lands shake. trees grow. the universe provides what you need and little more. aspire for what you want and chain your self to what you own.
quit your job and eat out of garbage cans and you will know your self, the true self.
im done. thats my preach for the day

M

Mouse

college can be great IF you go for something you like.

All I can do is speak from my own experience and I'm glad I took time off after h.s. to travel and explore life, but I'm back on college now and loving that also.

Life is a lot longer than you think, take deep breaths and remember you're probably going to change you're mind day after day and that's totally alright. What you love to do now might be something you love to forget you ever did 10 yrs from now.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads