News & Blogs - Greyhound vs. SEMI truck leave 7 Dead in New Mexico | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs Greyhound vs. SEMI truck leave 7 Dead in New Mexico

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I hope no one on here was on this Bus....

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/30/6435...crash-head-on-in-new-mexico-at-least-4-killed

Greyhound Bus, Semi-Truck Crash Head-On In New Mexico; At Least 7 Killed

August 30, 201811:01 PM ET
VANESSA ROMO
Twitter
ap_18242838636569_wide-f8a4ffc34026360272d71640582a9b2f21f4a787-s700-c85.jpg

First responders work the scene of a collision between a Greyhound passenger bus and a semi-truck Thursday on Interstate 40 near the town of Thoreau, N.M., near the Arizona border. Multiple people were killed and others were seriously injured.
Chris Jones/AP
Editor's note: This is a developing story and will be updated as information becomes available.
At least seven people were killed and dozens more seriously injured in a head-on crash between a semi-truck and a Greyhound bus on Thursday in New Mexico, according to state police. The number of fatalities was raised from an initial confirmation of 4 deaths.

"Many passengers with serious injuries were transported to a nearby hospital," the state police said on Twitter. The exact number of injuries is still under investigation.
According to the New Mexico State Police, preliminary information suggested the semi-tractor-trailer was traveling eastbound on Interstate 40 about 100 miles west of Albuquerque, N.M., when one of its tires blew out. That appears to have caused the the driver to lose control and sent the truck careening across the median and and into oncoming traffic, where it rammed into the passenger bus.
Video footage of the aftermath shows a gaping hole where the entire front end of the bus used to be. Meanwhile, the semi-truck lies overturned across the center median and both lanes of westbound I-40, the contents of the trailer strewn across the road.

"Our first priority is taking care of our passengers and their families, as this incident has deeply impacted all involved. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone as we continue to give our support to all affected," Greyhound spokeswoman Crystal Booker told NPR in an emailed statement.
Article continues after sponsorship

Booker said 49 passengers, not including the driver, were aboard the bus, which was headed from Albuquerque to Phoenix, then Los Angeles.
"People were trying to climb out of the windows of the bus," a witness told CNN. "Screams were coming from the bus. It was horrible."

Ezra Fyre

Reaction score
Never fight the semi, they win!

Sorry for the people & their families who were on the bus. & Sorry for the driver of the semi as well . ... It's horrible. :(

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Never fight the semi, they win!

Sorry for the people & their families who were on the bus. & Sorry for the driver of the semi as well . ... It's horrible. :(

@Ezra Fyre Yeah bad bad accident - was following on the news - but hey why the negative rating on OP? :) He was just reporting the incident.

Reactions: Coywolf

Ezra Fyre

Reaction score
Because there was no sad face... The epic face kinda conveyed my facial expression, but not the sentiment. Was thumbs downing the accident, not the post .... Is there a more appropriate one? I'm happy to change it.

Reasonably new to the forum, I forget it's a rating system... But it seems a terrible thing to thumb up, or say is helpful...

roughdraft

Reaction score
yesterday i took a bus and we came around a rather swervy corner, almost had a headon collision with an 18 wheeler. and i was not wearing a seatbelt. soon you heard a lot of people yelling at and cursing the driver. ya never know. fortunately that was all

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads