Gainsville, FL

Nerdypunkkid

Reaction score
Website
www.yossihalperin.com
Hey i'm heading down to Atlanta and the Gainesville in a couple of weeks because they look like cool warm cities and i was wondering if anyone new anything about them. First of where the drop ins free food & public feeding and exchanges are. Also does anyone know of any kewl sit to see or do. I'm know some urban exploring location and sk8 parks but that it. Plus anyone want to meet up in one of those cities

Please let me know. I have wanderlust and want to go some where warm and peacefull in NYC now

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
when you get to ATL, make your way to little 5 points (moreland and euclid ave). you'll run into other travelers who can show you directions to all of those places (it'll do better than me telling you on here). it's also cool to busk and/or spange there too. there's a badass pizza shop called savage pizza and a place called the vortex that have amazing burgers and their dumpsters are usually unlocked. freedom park is near there too (good place to sleep during the day). if you're thumbing it down to FL on I-75, stop through macon and i'll meet up with you and show you some cool shit to do for cheap or free. i'll also show you places where you can camp or a couple of squats and if you're riding freight i'll show you around brosnon yd and where to hop out.

Reactions: whaleofashrimp

dharma bum

Reaction score
also if you don't ride trains and you book it a little early, you can get a bus ticket from macon to jax for $25... just sayin..

whaleofashrimp

Reaction score
they can periodicly crack down hard on spanger and flysigners (usual about 3 0r 4 days in the clink) but usually they either dont care or just sho u off...if u keep asking peeps for leftovers u will never go hungry in lil 5....lil 5 is the cap of the white box...one thing to remember an ass ton of homebums yet few services..but there are a few..like 910 on ponce de leon about a 15 20 minute walk from lil 5...food not bombs has been defunct there for about a year

RubyOutlaw

Reaction score
when you get to ATL, make your way to little 5 points (moreland and euclid ave). you'll run into other travelers who can show you directions to all of those places (it'll do better than me telling you on here). it's also cool to busk and/or spange there too. there's a badass pizza shop called savage pizza and a place called the vortex that have amazing burgers and their dumpsters are usually unlocked. freedom park is near there too (good place to sleep during the day). if you're thumbing it down to FL on I-75, stop through macon and i'll meet up with you and show you some cool shit to do for cheap or free. i'll also show you places where you can camp or a couple of squats and if you're riding freight i'll show you around brosnon yd and where to hop out.
Little five points was all gentrified when I went there and the cops were chasing the travelers off. The bridge was a barren waste land every night and the only travelers I met there were weirdos that thought I was some chick one of them had dated named katie....even after I showed them my id...But I love ATL and hope it goes back to normal someday. But, it is warm here and I love southern people!

dharma bum

Reaction score
Little five points was all gentrified when I went there and the cops were chasing the travelers off. The bridge was a barren waste land every night and the only travelers I met there were weirdos that thought I was some chick one of them had dated named katie....even after I showed them my id...But I love ATL and hope it goes back to normal someday. But, it is warm here and I love southern people!

it does change a bit from time to time...goes through phases. sometimes, the bike cops usually leave you alone when the next morning there's a new crew all over your shit and crew. it's not just that one area at lil 5 (where the trees and benches are), just walk around behind all those places. decent dumpsters (there's this vegan-esque natural foods store called Sevananda that's awesome when unlocked) and other decent spots where cops aren't just "looking" for you.

it does seen to come through in waves though.. the cops and harassment and all. sometimes they put the boot down and sometimes it's like they're not even there. really sucks about criminal records though. such a shame...

• Sad
Reactions: Malik

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
i might stiop in atlanta and or gainsville here in another week/week and a half or so

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads