Friend requests on here

stove

Reaction score
Okay, so maybe I'm a bit old fashioned...Maybe I've been using the net longer than nearly anyone on here (except perhaps IBRR)...But can it with the fucking friend requests!

"friends" are just that- people I would like to be associated with. That means that, on some level, I know them. Maybe we've spoken a bit on chat, we've hitched/hopped/squatted together, we slammed a 40 downtown, whatever.

It doesn't mean I said good morning to you once on chat. Or that you find me interesting. Do ya? Send me a message, or a profile comment, or something. To me, "friends" are people I want to be associated with. If I don't know you, I don't know that I want to be associated with you. Maybe I do, maybe I don't- we'll figure that out later, and it doesn't take much.

There are only a few folks whom I haven't actually met, and those people I've had longish multiple conversations with.

Oh, and if I can't remember why we're friends, I'll likely prune you from my list. Don't be offended...hell, if you are, tell me about it, and I'll probably re-add you on the merit that you've got enough balls to stand up for yourself (God knows enough fuckwits don't).

Yeah, I can be an asshole, but it sure weeds the dumbasses out of my life quickly.

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I'm typically quite liberal in adding people, but I understand where you're coming from. It's that myspace effect. Everyone wants to have millions of eFriends.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Lol yes the more people who join Stp the more pointless requests you get. I guess it has slot to do with the younger Stp population trying to make everything out to be like myspace where they add you based on your profile picture, add you, then never talk to you. Yay.

JahDucky

Reaction score
I have the same problem on facebook, guys are always adding me with messages saying(youre hott) or just adding me. And my partner has the same problem.

My biggest issue is when I deny friend requests and they add me again and again. Ive been having trouble with this EJ kid. If he knows me personally its by another name and im sure hes not a truck as his default implies...and he should send a message to take away any confusion. Im waiting for add number 5 today.

JahDucky

Reaction score
Welp I wasnt disapointed. He added me again...

stove

Reaction score
I have the same problem on facebook, guys are always adding me with messages saying(youre hott) or just adding me. And my partner has the same problem.

::Looks at avatar picture:: Well y'know Ducky, they're not entirely wrong...

OH and chalmbers...I'm not Bote. But same reason I rejected your friend request a while ago.

JahDucky

Reaction score
Nothing like a chick with an intelligent life form protruding from her chest
"Quaid! Start the reactor!"
p.s.Thank you :)

stove

Reaction score
hah no worries chalmbers I'm sure we'll cross paths when I get back to the states.

Ducky: Somehow I wasn't thinking "Aliens" when i made that comment, but y'know, whatevs...

JahDucky

Reaction score
Its okay, I wasnt thinking Aliens Either.....Total Recal

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads