For the win.

Anna Orange

Reaction score

I'm Anna Orange, I'm a noob to the forum haha.

I think its great that there is a community online like this for people to associate!

Right now I'm in Fl, so if your in Florida too lets talk! :)

Its 1:00 in the morning and i really shouldn't be awake right now because i have a long day of bike riding, dumpster diving, and food not bombs fun tomorrow! :p

Ive had the forum bookmarked on my computer for the longest time, and i took a stand with myself and finally decided that i NEEDED to make a profile.

I made vegan cheesecake earlier and it came out amazing.

condemnedtodrift

Reaction score
Would you point me in the direction of a decent vegan chzcake recipe? Also, what's up in FL? I'll be down there soon, and I don't really know too much about the place.

Welcome!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hey! welcome to the site! yes, please tell us more about florida, i dunno much about it. you should post it in the destinations section!

Anna Orange

Reaction score
Im still trying to perfect the vegan cheesecake recipe because it always ends up kind of melting when its not in the fridge! But this is how i made it last night. It came out a bit better..More like really thick pudding. BUT STILL REALLY GOOD!!

1 (16 oz.) package soft tofu
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tbs vanilla extract
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 tbs lemon juice
1/4 cup flour
1 (9 in.) graham cracker crust

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees

In a blender combine all ingrediants until smooth

pour into pie crust

Bake at 350 for 30 min.

Remove from oven, cool, and chill.

i suggest maybe instead of flour putting in Ener-G..Or maybe both! Im going to try that next time i make it.

As far as Florida goes...It has its ups and its down. If you just came to Florida expecting it to be amazing you would be let down...In the st.pete area anyway. But if you know people than its an awesome place.

Gainsville is amazing. Theres always somthing going on there. And Orlando is fun too.

I dont know much about Miami because ive only been there once and it wasnt as fun as i thought it was going to be.

Theres always stuff to do in Fl, you just have to know where it is.

Reaction score
I just left Florida not too long ago. I definitely have to agree that Gainesville was great, but in my opinion Orlando sucked, saw nothing but crackheads (the bad kind, not the kind I can get along with), searched almost the entire city hoping we were in a shitty part of town and found out it was the same all over. Maybe we just got into Orlando at a bad time, but I'd have to rate it above Jacksonville in the list of cities I'll never go back to.
Gainesville on the other hand was awesome. I ate like a king there, what with the bagel and doughnut filled dumpsters and all. When I first got into town, I tried to buy a soda, and got told "no"; not "no you can't have a soda" but "no you're not paying for it just take it".

Birdy

Reaction score
Heyy I think I've seen you on Kat's myspace.
Welcome to the site. I need to head to a FnB meeting sooner or later. I forgot to check if there was one new years eve. I was so bummed when I finally remembered

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
...in my opinion Orlando sucked, saw nothing but crackheads (the bad kind, not the kind I can get along with), searched almost the entire city hoping we were in a shitty part of town and found out it was the same all over. Maybe we just got into Orlando at a bad time, but I'd have to rate it above Jacksonville in the list of cities I'll never go back to.

I'm not gonna sing praises for a city - it's certainly fucked-up in many ways - but it's not all bad.
Don't know where you were, but the W is more run-down than the E stretches of the city (and in the boonies N and S of the E are all the meth-making trailer homes). Anyway, there's a FNB in downtown, and on the E by the university. And around downtown are a lot of hipster kids, but if you like art you can find some good folk doing stuff, mixed in amongst the douchey-cool-bags.

Has a long way to go...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads