First Time Posting: Going to Hitchhike from Seattle to Mexico | Squat the Planet

First Time Posting: Going to Hitchhike from Seattle to Mexico

D

deleted user

Hey everyone!
I Just made an account, although I have been lurking here for a while. I'm Canadian, just finished my undergraduate studies and I decided that I will hitchhike from Seattle to Mexico this coming June. I will be hitchhiking the entire way and maybe hopping a freight. I will also be camping most nights. I guess its quite early to ask, but if anyone would like to join me during any part of my travels, send me a pm! I will probably be on the road for 6 months and I will mainly stick to the 101 or 1.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome to STP - and do have fun and be safe on your journey. We have lots of resources set up here for info on equipment and other info as well. And it would be cool for you to meet up with other travelers in the areas you are too.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
101 or 1 will be a breeze in summer time. There is a wealth of information about hitching that route on here.

Welcome.

Also, not going to see any freight going that route. All tracks are inland.

You will have a blast, and see the BEST areas in the country. Done it plenty of times myself. West coast life. Good luck

• Useful
Reactions: MolotovMocktail
D

deleted user

101 or 1 will be a breeze in summer time. There is a wealth of information about hitching that route on here.

Welcome.

Also, not going to see any freight going that route. All tracks are inland.

You will have a blast, and see the BEST areas in the country. Done it plenty of times myself. West coast life. Good luck

Oh I had no idea there were no freight, oh well. Maybe I'll head over inland. Thanks!

D

deleted user

Welcome to STP - and do have fun and be safe on your journey. We have lots of resources set up here for info on equipment and other info as well. And it would be cool for you to meet up with other travelers in the areas you are too.
Thanks!

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Just to clarify a tiny bit.. You'll find freight trains along the 101/1 from San Jose on down. They're just not really a thing north of SF on the coast, unfortunately. They're not as abundant as they are inland but there's a few.

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Welcome to STP..... Safe travels....

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads