Lurker
I deleted myself
Threads
Current Location
Cle Elum, United States
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Hey everyone!
I Just made an account, although I have been lurking here for a while. I'm Canadian, just finished my undergraduate studies and I decided that I will hitchhike from Seattle to Mexico this coming June. I will be hitchhiking the entire way and maybe hopping a freight. I will also be camping most nights. I guess its quite early to ask, but if anyone would like to join me during any part of my travels, send me a pm! I will probably be on the road for 6 months and I will mainly stick to the 101 or 1.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
Rochester, NY
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
Welcome to STP - and do have fun and be safe on your journey. We have lots of resources set up here for info on equipment and other info as well. And it would be cool for you to meet up with other travelers in the areas you are too.

Coywolf

Craving Freedom
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Portland, Oregon
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
101 or 1 will be a breeze in summer time. There is a wealth of information about hitching that route on here.

Welcome.

Also, not going to see any freight going that route. All tracks are inland.

You will have a blast, and see the BEST areas in the country. Done it plenty of times myself. West coast life. Good luck

deleted user

Lurker
I deleted myself
Threads
Current Location
Cle Elum, United States
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
101 or 1 will be a breeze in summer time. There is a wealth of information about hitching that route on here.

Welcome.

Also, not going to see any freight going that route. All tracks are inland.

You will have a blast, and see the BEST areas in the country. Done it plenty of times myself. West coast life. Good luck
Oh I had no idea there were no freight, oh well. Maybe I'll head over inland. Thanks!

deleted user

Lurker
I deleted myself
Threads
Current Location
Cle Elum, United States
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Welcome to STP - and do have fun and be safe on your journey. We have lots of resources set up here for info on equipment and other info as well. And it would be cool for you to meet up with other travelers in the areas you are too.
Thanks!

Engineer J Lupo

Uncivilized Bachelor Daddy
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
666 E. Home Ave. Fresno, Ca. 93728
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
Just to clarify a tiny bit.. You'll find freight trains along the 101/1 from San Jose on down. They're just not really a thing north of SF on the coast, unfortunately. They're not as abundant as they are inland but there's a few.

Threads
Current Location
Potter County PA
Reactions
96% 0% 3%
yeah if inland for trains I-5 through oregon is easy hitching and decent folks

Hobo Mud

Settling down a while.
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Columbia, Tennessee
Reactions
99% 1% 1%
Welcome to STP..... Safe travels....

jaws

Wayfarer
Threads
Current Location
Tomball, United States
Reactions
99% 1% 0%
In Sea-town now, I am hitch hiking the opposite way.

Threads
Current Location
Pueblo, Colorado
Reactions
0% 0% 0%
Looking for ride from pueblo, Colorado to Laffette, Indiana... New here so apologize not sure where to post...