First post; guns y/n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sameer

Reaction score
I open carry cause there's crappy people in this world that carry illegally. Not that there's anything wrong with me. I actually have the intelligence not to speak on a subject I know nothing about unlike you.(no offense or disrespect intended I get it most of y'all are anti gun. That's your right. To sit here and tell this person that owning a gun with get you sent to jail just for owning it is ignorant. If that's the case they wouldn't sell them. So please bring something informative on the subject and leave the feelings out of it.
Will I respectfully disagree about open carry. My belief is if you are so afraid of society that you need to open carry in the Walmart in Kingman Arizona for fear of something happening there is something wrong with you. That's just my personal opinion. I do not think we live in a dangerous society where I need to carry a gun on my hip which means I'm willing to kill someone. I am not that afraid of life or other people. I am not paranoid of life or other people. I do not walk the streets in fear.
When I first started living in my van eight years ago I brought with me weapons that I owned. A 45 caliber and a 9 mm Beretta. I am not anti-gun and I carried these weapons with me for about 2 years and then sold them. Never came a circumstance that I needed them. The first question out of a law enforcement officer's mouth was always do you have guns or drugs. I don't even want to be thrown in jail for investigation as I would lose my dog and my van so caring weapons is just not a smart idea. I support the second amendment so believe that everyone must do what makes them comfortable in regards to guns. I've only had one circumstances that turned out very bad and I cracked them over the head with a half full bottle of Seagram's whiskey and that did the trick. I cannot change my mind about open carry and think that someone walking around with such fear in society and such separation from the community that they think they need a killing weapon on their hip to shop at Walmart or walk down the street that indicates there is a mental problem in my opinion. You're not living in the old west and you need not be paranoid. However once again I am not anti-gun but think it's stupid to carry one. The problem it creates is enormous unless you are running in different circles then I am. I am just a rubber tramp living in the Southwest. my opinion is just an opinion and my own and I support your right under the second amendment to do as you deem necessary. Are you really need not to be so afraid!

Sameer

Reaction score
You see an old lady getting mugged. What's your little knife going to do?
I've lived a long life and have never seen an old lady getting mugged. Born and raised in Los Angeles and grew up in Boyle heights. Work downtown at Grand Central market as a kid. Never saw anyone getting mugged. In the day in the neighborhood I grew up in the weapon of choice was a knife and believe me it can do damage. I walk with no fear and society and have no paranoia that's something bad is going to happen.

Omightydarkone

Reaction score
Will I respectfully disagree about open carry. My belief is if you are so afraid of society that you need to open carry in the Walmart in Kingman Arizona for fear of something happening there is something wrong with you. That's just my personal opinion. I do not think we live in a dangerous society where I need to carry a gun on my hip which means I'm willing to kill someone. I am not that afraid of life or other people. I am not paranoid of life or other people. I do not walk the streets in fear.
When I first started living in my van eight years ago I brought with me weapons that I owned. A 45 caliber and a 9 mm Beretta. I am not anti-gun and I carried these weapons with me for about 2 years and then sold them. Never came a circumstance that I needed them. The first question out of a law enforcement officer's mouth was always do you have guns or drugs. I don't even want to be thrown in jail for investigation as I would lose my dog and my van so caring weapons is just not a smart idea. I support the second amendment so believe that everyone must do what makes them comfortable in regards to guns. I've only had one circumstances that turned out very bad and I cracked them over the head with a half full bottle of Seagram's whiskey and that did the trick. I cannot change my mind about open carry and think that someone walking around with such fear in society and such separation from the community that they think they need a killing weapon on their hip to shop at Walmart or walk down the street that indicates there is a mental problem in my opinion. You're not living in the old west and you need not be paranoid. However once again I am not anti-gun but think it's stupid to carry one. The problem it creates is enormous unless you are running in different circles then I am. I am just a rubber tramp living in the Southwest. my opinion is just an opinion and my own and I support your right under the second amendment to do as you deem necessary. Are you really need not to be so afraid!
So you carried for 2 years and didn't go to jail no once for owning a fire arm.

Omightydarkone

Reaction score
I've lived a long life and have never seen an old lady getting mugged. Born and raised in Los Angeles and grew up in Boyle heights. Work downtown at Grand Central market as a kid. Never saw anyone getting mugged. In the day in the neighborhood I grew up in the weapon of choice was a knife and believe me it can do damage. I walk with no fear and society and have no paranoia that's something bad is going to happen.
It has nothing to do with fear. I just know that the criminals that do rob and kill don't care about your opinion.

Sameer

Reaction score
So you carried for 2 years and didn't go to jail no once for owning a fire arm.
Yes you're right and I owned them for many years before I started life is a rubber tramp. My favorite was the 9 mm Beretta. what I'm trying to articulate is that if you live in a vehicle or you are standing on the on-ramp hitchhiking to Bakersfield or riding the rails then it's probably a good idea that you are not carrying a gun because if law enforcement shows up and finds a gun in your backpack or vehicle you are going to jail. They can put you in jail for 72 hours and not charge you. Right or wrong it's the way it is and it is a violation of the second amendment right or wrong. People who live in this strata of life. It's just the way it is because we are technically on the bottom and everybody else is on top and has the power to do what they please. I'm not saying I feel like I'm on the bottom I'm just saying the reality of this life dictates that I don't carry a gun. I truly know you understand what I'm saying. Maybe you are from a higher station in life but I am a rubber tramp who lives on public land. I did away with my guns for those problems that others might create for me because I carry them. I made the decision not to carry for the problems that it might create for me.

Sameer

Reaction score
Biggest criminals out there are the police and they definitely don't give a fuck about your opinion.
It's just my own opinion and it's not personally directed at you. Maybe you are one of the people that open carry I don't have to worry about. But I do worry when I see a gun on the hip of someone when I am out in public because I don't know what they are thinking or what their mental state is. There are a lot of people in society that should not own guns.

Reactions: Omightydarkone

Sameer

Reaction score
My name is Sameer Ali. I am all that my name entails. I live in a van on public land for 8 years. No address just public land.
So I don't carry guns... I don't carry drugs... No alcohol!
I do this because I don't want the humbug of going to jail. And you can bet your bottom dollar that they would take me if I had a gun. It keeps me living a peaceful life in the most beautiful places in the Southwest. You and I see society from two different points of view.

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
Think you miss interpreted me. My point is that while traveling the people I worry about and get harassed by the most are the police. Having a gun on you isn't gonna help you when dealing with them, it only puts your freedom at risk. Cops don't protect you and laws only matter if you've got lawyer money.

Last edited:

Exadev

Reaction score
Even though it's a moot point in Canada, I think carrying a gun is more of a liability than anything. You'd be safer (from the police) not carrying, and you're a lot more likely to run into the police than be in a situation that genuinely calls for a gun. If you're worried about safety i'd say don't travel alone and carry a big knife.

Omightydarkone

Reaction score
Even though it's a moot point in Canada, I think carrying a gun is more of a liability than anything. You'd be safer (from the police) not carrying, and you're a lot more likely to run into the police than be in a situation that genuinely calls for a gun. If you're worried about safety i'd say don't travel alone and carry a big knife.
If you get caught with a big knife depending on the size it's actually against the law here in a lot of states.

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
Knife smaller than your palm and small pepper spray has always been my move. I know pepper spray is illegal some places but the cops are way more likely to not care about it. I've even gotten it back in my bag of pocket shit when getting outta jail before. Guns are like a payday for them. The prosecutor sees an easy win and the cop gets to brag about keeping criminals off the street.

• Agree
Reactions: Coywolf

Omightydarkone

Reaction score
Knife smaller than your palm and small pepper spray has always been my move. I know pepper spray is illegal some places but the cops are way more likely to not care about it. I've even gotten it back in my bag of pocket shit when getting outta jail before. Guns are like a payday for them. The prosecutor sees an easy win and the cop gets to brag about keeping criminals off the street.
That's why you get a gun legally. Seems to me like you would be having a gun illegally and then yes you need to be kept off the streets

D

Deleted member 23824

@Omightydarkone - you seem unable to understand that what is desirable for someone who is housed-up, is totally undesirable for a person that travels full time, or often, crossing state lines frequently, often-time without the benefit of a vehicle, and may dress or otherwise appear as part of the counterculture. That is how lots of the members here roll, though not me. For such people, almost nothing good can result from carrying a gun, only bad things. I take it you do not travel too much, like me. You are comparing apples and oranges.

• Agree
Reactions: croc and Coywolf

Omightydarkone

Reaction score
@Omightydarkone - you seem unable to understand that what is desirable for someone who is housed-up, is totally undesirable for a person that travels full time, or often, crossing state lines frequently, often-time without the benefit of a vehicle, and may dress or otherwise appear as part of the counterculture. That is how lots of the members here roll, though not me. For such people, almost nothing good can result from carrying a gun, only bad things. I take it you do not travel too much, like me. You are comparing apples and oranges.
See that's where you are wrong I travel a lot my work has me going to different states and I always carry and I always know my laws because in no state is it illegal to travel with a firearm. They just have different rules on how to travel with them.

D

Deleted member 23824

See that's where you are wrong I travel a lot my work has me going to different states and I always carry and I always know my laws because in no state is it illegal to travel with a firearm. They just have different rules on how to travel with them.
You walk state to state in your job? Ride trains? Hitchhike? I’m saying you don’t. Carrying a piece while you drive your or your employers vehicle hardly qualifies as being a traveler in the StP sense of the word. You aren't getting it still. Pretty sure you won’t make many converts to your way of thinking.

Omightydarkone

Reaction score
You walk state to state in your job? Ride trains? Hitchhike? I’m saying you don’t. Carrying a piece while you drive your or your employers vehicle hardly qualifies as being a traveler in the StP sense of the word. You aren't getting it still. Pretty sure you won’t make many converts to your way of thinking.
No you said I probably don't do alot of traveling I said I do do alot of traveling. Traveling is traveling whether it's on food bike car train boat or plane. You didn't ask me how I traveled. If you would have actually read anything I posted or looked a single thing up online you could clearly see that it isn't illegal to travel with a firearm. I also don't need nor want you to convert to the way I think. You are entitled to feel however you want and I won't shame you for doing so. Just don't lie to someone on here to try and convert them to your way of thinking. everything you have said about traveling with a firearm has been false and I can prove it and so far have. That's why y'all are beating around the bush and asking the same questions and making the same statements over and over again. There are no facts backing up anything y'all have said about it being unsafe to travel with a firearm. I not saying any of this to be disrespect but I'm tired of hearing the lame shit over and over again. There isn't a single law in america that stops you from traveling with a firearm and you don't have to agree with my views. I'm not a child who judges folks on what they believe in.

Omightydarkone

Reaction score
I also don't recall jumping on here and making a post asking for folks to believe in open carry and be my friend. I was simply replying to someone's post who was looking for some information.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't hitchhiked or ridden trains in several years but when I did, I was able to stay out of trouble using my wits and intuition mostly. There were only a couple times (when not throwing fists) where I can remember having to use pepper spray on someone or brandishing a knife for protection.

I've thought about carrying when I end up traveling again, but because I love to smoke/drink I would def not do that if hitching. Maybe if rubber tramping....but it just seems like more of a hassle dealing with cops that love to target those of our lifestyle, that it's just not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads