European in America (staying over 2 months) | Squat the Planet

European in America (staying over 2 months)

London Ben

Reaction score
Is it possible for me to stay in America for over the 2 month visa limit.

I mean, I'll be backpacking and living off the road. What would happen if the police ask for I.D.
(I've got a British Passport), and I've stayed over my visa limit.

Also, how hard would it be getting a job for a British man like me. Not legit jobs, but more cash in hand farm work stuff.

fr33rang3r

Reaction score
thumbs up for couchsurfing.com. just make sure to create your own account and fill in the blanks. most hosts won't take you if you don't take the time to let them know who you are, what you're up to, and what's interesting about having you visit.
fyi, if you didnt know, the CS community in euroland is pretty amazing.

CdCase123

Reaction score
i met a german young man who stayed over his visa limit, living on the streets in the bay area of california. he said the police didnt care, but that could've just been the police there. couldnt say more then that

veeteephil

Reaction score
if you get to NorCal quick enough you might be able to find some scissor work. otherwise I've known "illegals" who've worked in kitchens/bars in ski towns.

mylon

Lawn Care Enthusiast
Reaction score
i met a german young man who stayed over his visa limit, living on the streets in the bay area of california. he said the police didnt care, but that could've just been the police there. couldnt say more then that

I don't know about the entirety of the bay area, but I know SF is a "sanctuary city", that could have had something to do with it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_city

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
"Veeteephil - find some scissor work"
...................................^This
But yeah, you'd have to hurry. I worked the last few years in the hills of Chico for some cats, they gave 1 & 1/2 O for every P worked. I'm not sure what standard is, alls I've ever worked was that camp, seemed fair enough.

London Ben

Reaction score
"Veeteephil - find some scissor work"
...................................^This
But yeah, you'd have to hurry. I worked the last few years in the hills of Chico for some cats, they gave 1 & 1/2 O for every P worked. I'm not sure what standard is, alls I've ever worked was that camp, seemed fair enough.

I'm planning on leaving summer next year.

How do you go about working in farms anyway. I'm assuming "WWOOF"ing would be an option?

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I grew up with the cat's I work with, they're pretty selective as to who they bring to the table. They wouldn't even allow my brother to come up with me and they know he's my brother, as I said we all grew up together. So I think it just depends on the camp you're lookin to work with. I know there's some camps that don't have the luxury of being so selective based on sheer overload of work to be done, so they'll probably be the type you're looking for. As for how to get going with that, these other guys could shed more light on the subject I'm sure, maybe in a private message or something. Good luck to you, be safe.
JL.

Auto

Reaction score
Unless you are driving you don't have to show an ID to police even if they ask, unless they suspect you of a crime. It's not a requirement to carry an ID on you unless driving, may be different for people visiting on a visa, but even if you have an accent, they can't legally ask you if you are a citizen or not. There are a lot of counties in the US that are sanctuary counties for illegal aliens. To be honest you could probably get away with staying permanently.

Reactions: KittyFlipper

Hobacalypse

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Fuck you
Stay out of my country.
No one will hire you here and the cops will beat you for being of different country orientation
Everyone will talk shit to you and no one will hire you,
We will throw your pack in a river and kick yhour ankles so you can't walk away.
Why THE FUCK ARE YO
COM
IG TO AMERICA TO WORK?!?!?!
Stay in your box and i'll stay in mine, cause if i come to england i'm shitting on your queen bitch

We alreadty don't haver jobs in the first place cause we send 'em all to the fucken indiands in 7-11

Hobacalypse

Banned
Reaction score
Unless you are driving you don't have to show an ID to police even if they ask, unless they suspect you of a crime. It's not a requirement to carry an ID on you unless driving, may be different for people visiting on a visa, but even if you have an accent, they can't legally ask you if you are a citizen or not. There are a lot of counties in the US that are sanctuary counties for illegal aliens. To be honest you could probably get away with staying permanently.
Bullshit if you don't have ID they take you to the station and fingerprint you, whilst simultaniously assfucking your mother

Sydney

Reaction score
Website
www.sunnywar.com
Was the german dude patrick??? with the blue lines on his face??

Auto

Reaction score
Fuck you
Stay out of my country.
No one will hire you here and the cops will beat you for being of different country orientation
Everyone will talk shit to you and no one will hire you,
We will throw your pack in a river and kick yhour ankles so you can't walk away.
Why THE FUCK ARE YO
COM
IG TO AMERICA TO WORK?!?!?!
Stay in your box and i'll stay in mine, cause if i come to england i'm shitting on your queen bitch

We alreadty don't haver jobs in the first place cause we send 'em all to the fucken indiands in 7-11
lol man, they have the same issues in the UK that we do here regarding immigration and I've met many on my travels abroad that feel like you do about them coming there, Personally I don't mind immigration, I just don't like the government giving incentives for people to come here illegally, but this is the squat the planet forums, anyone trying to do wtf they want w/o the government helping them, in my book deserves any help/info they can get.

Reactions: London Ben

Hobacalypse

Banned
Reaction score
I don't remember caring about the same problems in the UK, Hold on let me try
........Fuckyou......

And my book is written in AMERICAN bitch,

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Fuck you, Stay out of my country.
What percentage of native american are you bro? 100% ? at least 75%? please tell my you're at LEAST 50%, seriously.. tell me your moms was born on the rez...anything...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads