European in America (staying over 2 months)

Hobacalypse

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Not blaming you, wanna come to America and spend money fine by me, Wann come here and get a job suck dick.

And i'm not upset,

And i don't fucken know how native i am, some friggin percent sioux i dunno, and well they better rise up soon and take 'THIER" land back cause if not NWO got that shit on lock

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Wow, that's a piss poor outlook on the situation. Most of your family from some point back migrated here and helped steal this land from people who treated it a lot better. Now some several hundred years later you think it's yours and anyone looking to simply visit the damn place for a little while and seek some form of work so as to feed themselves during their stay, you're telling them to suck dick? Really? I feel bad for you, it's really unfortunate you feel that way.
I'm sure you'll have no intellectual reply but simply laugh this off and sit there absent of thought for close to half an hour trying to come up with anything and you'll fall short of that too and all you'll be able to manage is attempting to insult me with some name calling, kgo.

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org
@Ben
Learn to fake a convincing American accent, East coast ones are easiest to mimic.
Americans NEVER expect a white person to be anything else but another American, so the chances of getting asked for papers are slim unless you were stupid enough to go to a tourist spot.
A convenient sore-throat is a good cover for a bad accent.
Keeping clean, and not wearing filthy rags instead of clothes, are two excellent ways of avoiding police harrassment.
Try to look as nondescript as you can. If you are illegal, attention is your enemy.
And, if it looks like La Migra are onto you then you could always marry a fat girl...

Cardboard

Banned
Reaction score
Ben- I think it depends a tonne on what you are looking to do. If you want to settle in one city (maybe a sanctuary city), make money, and live under the radar, you can get away with it for a long time. If you think to travel, consider the occasional dip across the border to reset you visa (or, I'm assuming you have this ESTA thing coming from UK?)
I had a friend who was deported in 2008 I think, and it was fucked. We were partying for new years in Slab city, and when leaving, the Bus she was on was controlled (I guess 100+Km from the border). She was held in ICE detention (fucked black prison) for just over 2 months, and only let out so soon because friends payed for her trip home. The flight back to France (her country of origin) was 1800 euros, and she will not be allowed to return for 10 years.
So, it depends a lot on where you are, I don't know what happened with Arizona's immigration laws, but just because they are designed for Mexicans, doesn't mean they wont bust you too.
Crossing the border into Mexico (last time I did was 2008, so correct me if Im wrong), is a cakewalk, no controls, just a turn style gate to walk through. walk in a circle and return to the US side, tell em you have been in Mexico for the last months traveling. I think the ESTA is good for 3 months of every 6, for 2 years, and only costs 12 euro or something. I guess this should be the same for you, I was just looking into it for my partner, she is from Germany though.
Coming from the UK; you have some of the best travel privileges in the world (actually, THE best I believe), meaning you can enter almost any country without a visa. I guess this mean Mexico, so lacking a stamp in your passport shouldn't be an issue upon returning to the US.
They are fucking serious though, be careful. If my french friend hadnt gotten someone to pay for her flight ("voluntary deportation"), the crime of illegally immigrating is a felony, and you can expect a year in black prison before they get around to flying you home.
In my opinion, now is a bad time to be fucking around too much, as it seems things are on a downward spiral for people rights in the states. I have been abroad for over 2 years now, and I cant say from experience, but from what I hear, I'm scared to return, and I am a citizen.

Reactions: London Ben

Cardboard

Banned
Reaction score
As well, a good chance to get away with quite some things, is learning to keep your mouth shut. I have been arrested and taken into custody without papers, and they generally will not hold you for so long if they cannot establish your identity. This is especially good for minor crimes, as they will release you after a few days without much trouble. Probably doesn't work if you have a lot of criminal records, as you are in the system already, but face scans can only get them so far if there is nothing to compare it to.

E

Earth

Why anyone would want to come here from Europe now is beyond belief...

If I ever can pull chocks, I will................ and return back to either Germany or perhaps move to India,
but right now that's not an option
- or really a desire -
as I like where I'm at
but hate
what this country is turning into.

This was a great country, but the pigs ruined a good thing by becoming too greedy.
There are no jobs - unless you play their little silly games.

Good Luck Brother..........................

geckogirl

Reaction score
ID requirerments are complicated. In Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, the Supreme Court upheld state laws requiring citizens to disclose their identity to police when officers have reasonable suspicion to believe criminal activity may be taking place. Commonly known as "stop and identify" statutes, these laws permit police to arrest criminal suspects who refuse to identify themselves.
Currently the following states have stop and identify laws: AL, AR, CO, DE, FL, GA, IL, KS, LA, MO, MT, NE, NH, NM, NV, NY, ND, RI, UT, VT, WI
Regardless of your state's law, keep in mind that police can never compel you to identify yourself without reasonable suspicion to believe you're involved in criminal activity. Rather than asking the officer if he/she has reasonable suspicion, test it yourself by asking if you're free to go.
If the officer says you're free to go, leave immediately and refrain from answering any additional questions.
If the officer detains you, you'll have to decide whether withholding your identity is worth the possibility of arrest or a prolonged detention.
basically law in forment can use this bring to the station and go from there the original arrest might not hold up in court but if you have warrants/or visa issues or anything to hide it will more than likly come out at this point so they have you on that or if you have nothing to hide you are released after going though the hassle of being arrested and even if you are not charged, anytime you are arrested it stays on your record as an arrest.

Vicki

Reaction score
Is it possible for me to stay in America for over the 2 month visa limit.

I mean, I'll be backpacking and living off the road. What would happen if the police ask for I.D.
(I've got a British Passport), and I've stayed over my visa limit.

If your from the UK you will legally be allowed to stay 3 months! (not just 2) :) I'm from the UK and just spent 2 months travelling the states. One thing you'll notice is AMERICAN COPS ARE DICKS. They ain't like british cops. They will run your name for anything. I had my name ran multiple times flying signs and hitchhiking so if you plan on doing that and overstaying chances are (imo) your gonna get caught, deported and possibly banned from re-entering.

London Ben

Reaction score
One thing you'll notice is AMERICAN COPS ARE DICKS. They ain't like british cops.

The cops here are terrible.

Got arrested for cycling on the pavement. (even though the pavement was 10 metres wide and it was the middle of the night).

It'll be hard to top that off.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
It'll be hard to top that off.

No it wont. I'm sure somebody can top that within the hour. Bored cops tend to be the worst. You live in S.F. those cops don't have time to get bored, they don't have time to get you for jaywalking and all those dumb little infractions. Now if you're riding without a light and helmet in Dinuba Ca. at 2:30 am and the pigs have had their thumbs up their asses all night, yeah they're going to make sure you understand how dangerous it is to ride at night like that... see it's all about your safety. They just want to make sure you're ok. Like riding on sidewalks, they're protecting those walking on sidewalks from bicyclers riding into them. That's all it is man, you just have to understand they're only trying to serve and protect.

London Ben

Reaction score
No it wont. I'm sure somebody can top that within the hour. Bored cops tend to be the worst. You live in S.F. those cops don't have time to get bored, they don't have time to get you for jaywalking and all those dumb little infractions. Now if you're riding without a light and helmet in Dinuba Ca. at 2:30 am and the pigs have had their thumbs up their asses all night, yeah they're going to make sure you understand how dangerous it is to ride at night like that... see it's all about your safety. They just want to make sure you're ok. Like riding on sidewalks, they're protecting those walking on sidewalks from bicyclers riding into them. That's all it is man, you just have to understand they're only trying to serve and protect.

Fair enough, but I don't understand how handcuffing me for "cycling on the pavement" is trying to protect my health and safety.

It's not like I was trying to kill someone with a bicycle.

Vicki

Reaction score
Bored cops tend to be the worst.

This is true.

The small towns around the bible belt were terrible. Like i said if your planning on overstaying, steer clear. Bored, bored cops....I got hassled alot. British police are nothing compared.

I'll probably be heading back to the states around may time anyway, if your leaving around then you can always drop me a message.

Reactions: London Ben

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads