Electronic music anyone?

D

Deleted member 20

I used to be a club kid/raver/promoter back in the 90s. I watched the EDC movie & instantly was taken back & cant believe that scene has grown so big especially on the west coast, its funny how that scene seems to always stay young. "Old Ravers never die, they just spread their wings & fly.". I do love trance, house & techno with vocals in the 120-140bpm range I cant stand dub step or aything that slow & boring(see below) Been thinking about throwing a small style underground rave, got some legal semi industrial alcohol free venues in RI & NH that are cheap. Capacity is around 400+ so able to hold live shows/1 day fest too if anyones interested. Send me a pm

Nemo

Reaction score
wrong one sorry; this is the slow breathing one
You beat me to posting Balam Acab! So goooood
Aphex twin selected ambient works
radiohead album kid a is supa good

Reactions: foxx
J

Johnny P

Gimme some good Old School Jungle and Drum N' Bass anyday. I saw someone mention Dieselboy, but how about Dara, AK1200, Grooverider, LTJ Bukem, Photek...man its been awhile and my memory is escapin me here.

Some good newer DnB...Evol Intent, SPL, Phace, Catacomb, Robot Death Squat, Beat & Bad Leutenant,

J

Johnny P

Oh yeah...Ilove me some Detroit Techno! Can't deny the Godfathers of the Sound...Juan Atkins, Derrick May and Karl Saunderson....They used to produce mad records back in the day under a plethora of monikers! Too many to remember or name...love that early stuff.

Avering

Reaction score
I love gabber, hardstyle, witch-house, goa trance and sci-fi/ambient music from animes set in the future and stuff like that. Also, Aphex Twin

Ocotillo

Reaction score
I love psytrance-especially the darker stuff and the weird dark progressive psy from Australia that has lots of Industrial elements. I also like IDM, Ambient/Ambient Drone, the older UK style dubstep, downtempo, stuff like Shpongle, Emancipator, Big Gigantic and also Glitch Hop. Not at all into that club crap or Skrillex.

Tadaa

Reaction score
electronic music ... i like all kinds of stuff from breakcore like venetian snares to teK, teK culture is pretty similiar to punk and its more or less same kind of people and squatters too. i also like stuff like sexy sushi, viva la fete, fever ray, miss kittin etc.

are you from Belgium? cause otherwise this would be the first time ever i hear somebody else talk about Viva La Fete
good band tho! sounds all a bit the same and bit old. but good party tracks.

deadhead89

Reaction score
Check out heyoka. They are dubstep but more psychedelic. Also I'm big into psytrance. Check out shpongle, ott, infected mushroom, or 1200 micrograms.

bicycle

Reaction score
are you from Belgium? cause otherwise this would be the first time ever i hear somebody else talk about Viva La Fete
good band tho! sounds all a bit the same and bit old. but good party tracks.
I come from Holland but live in Germany for the last 4 years.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads