Electronic music anyone?

0ddity

Reaction score
Oh fuck yeah! I love Hive. Some good dark, apocalyptic, drum and bass. Discovered him back when I was in highschool. DJ shadow followed shortly after that.

E

Earth

When I think of electronic music, first thing that comes to mind is Kraftwerk.
Second is Wendy Carlos...
But then again, I am from a very different generation too.

Brian Eno / Harold Budd / Jon Hassell etc... were considered Ambient - not this 160 bpm stuff heard today.

About two years ago, I got turned on to Paul Van Dyk by someone I really liked.
So, I figured I'd check him out - and while I immediately liked maybe two things he did, the rest sounded more or less all the same to me.
Again, this is coming from someone who remembersTangerine Dream from back in the 1970s!!

That being said, I am very keen on what could be called 'the noise scene' where the emphesis is simply sound - be it feedback - or pure noise like an industrial machine - with no pulse or anything. Sorta like what I remember from living in NYC during the late 1970s early 1980s...

Today - Chris Point, an artist from the New Haven area totally gets it, along with NEUROSPORA...

I think the problem I have with todays electronic music is (at least what I've heard) it's all the same tempo and beat.

George Clintomn said it best regarding Disco vs Funk: With disco, it's just one thing - and you try making love with one stroke - she's gonna say comon, fax it on in!!

Tell you what though - it's not electronic - but PIGFACE has done some stuff which can never be denied.

I am going to go back and read all the previous comments here, and if there's something that's recomended I'm gonna check it out as I'm always into hearing new things as I will admit that I am ignorat with much of what is going on now.
Yet another reason why S.T.P. rules.... always something new to check out.
Yesh!! One can teach an old dog new tricks...

ericafuckyea

Reaction score
all about it holmes. shits innovative and it makes drugs more fun. :p i like skrillex, chrispy, aphrodite, borgore, gaslamp killer, pretty lights, crystal castles, minesotta, etc. heres some examples...

Reactions: bIackswan

robbaked

Reaction score
rabbit in the moon from Florida is really good. paulina taylor out of Az., josh wink, dieselboy Pa., drc from S.F. Carl cox - portland, craig k - s.f.,

R

river dog

604 and psychedelic music all the way! house is so awful, why do people listen to it? same with dubstep and most D&B. and of course chill out music is rad...IDM is interesting but hurts my ears after a few minutes. and EARTH mentioned tangerine dream! awesome shit there, anyone who pretends to like darkthrone oughtta check out tangerine dream; they were a major influence on fenriz and part of why he started neptune towers

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads