Electronic music anyone? | Squat the Planet

Electronic music anyone?

0ddity

Reaction score
Recently been getting into electronic music. Such acts like Deadmau5, The Crystal Method, Skrillex, Hive.
-
Love this song.

-
Anything you all like that you recommend?

Alaska

Reaction score
Electronic music in general is stuff I don't really have a great grasp on.

But, Tobacco and Black Moth Super Rainbow are both amazing acts. Oh, also some of the psytrance bands I've listened to. Vibrasphere and Entheogenic.

Reactions: 0ddity

AlyKat

Reaction score
I love electronic music! I like most of DJ Ravine's HHC and hardstyle, The stuff from FutureNoize / Orbit 1, Mekkanikka has some really amazing stuff on youtube. Otherwise I listen to a lot of the Wangan Midnight soundtrack cause I love racing and stuff and it is otherwise really good music :D

I've got some stuff from here and there and all over. There are some really good albums (free) at the Ruffbeatz.com website from DJ Triex and others. I had a field day there!

I like happy hardcore stuff - but I LOVE hardstyle

and if you like, here are my favs from mekkanikka

Reactions: Avering

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
I like some electronic music. My fav's include Deadmou5, Madeon (he is around 16 yrs old, and his mixes are amazing! Check out his mix of Deadmou5's *Raise your Weapon*) Skrillex, Dieselboy (how is it that no one mentioned THE DIESELBOYYYYY!?)

bicycle

Reaction score
electronic music ... i like all kinds of stuff from breakcore like venetian snares to teK, teK culture is pretty similiar to punk and its more or less same kind of people and squatters too. i also like stuff like sexy sushi, viva la fete, fever ray, miss kittin etc.

0ddity

Reaction score
Not sure you can really call MGMT electronic music. I'd say more tward new psychedelic rock if anything.
-
Totally forgot to mention Squarepusher! Guy plays all the his basslines and mixes beats around them.

Reactions: Nelco

dprogram

Reaction score
Yeah I guess it is more along those lines but there's very little rock at all on the last album. Squarepusher sounds familiar...not sure though. Aphex Twins! lol DJ Shadow! Any Chemical Brothers album. I have been more into Industrial lately myself. And as much as I hate to admit it I've got a soft spot for some Dubstep particularly Bassnectar http://youtu.be/wTuuK92WLE4 check it out

DaisyDoom

Reaction score
I love Aphex Twin...love the videos too.
I was trying to figure out what kind of electronic I do like recently but I couldn't really figure it out. I just randomly like some things and not others.... definitely hate house and dubstep though.

Reactions: CdCase123

dprogram

Reaction score
What's the genre label (hate labeling) that's like real down tempo like loung style chilling out electronica? Kinda like Tricky...oh btw Portishead, Massive Attack, Sneaker Pimps all rock.

0ddity

Reaction score
What's the genre label (hate labeling) that's like real down tempo like loung style chilling out electronica? Kinda like Tricky...oh btw Portishead, Massive Attack, Sneaker Pimps all rock.
Do you mean Trip hop? Thats what Massive Attack, Tricky, and Portishead are. Or do you mean IDM or house electronica?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads