Drunk Injuries

ReturnTrip

Reaction score
So yesterday, i was in Upstate NY in Woodstock(which by the way is a place i really hate) and me and my buds went drinking in the woods where we had to walk down a trail and cross a river (i should have known that this was the time to realize that drinking wasnt a good idea if i wanted to get back). I had too much to drink and went to puke by some tree in the dark and when i was done and ready to call it a night, i fell in a big ass ditch and knocked my chin on a log that was laying across it and cut my lip, my neck open, and really badly chipped my molar blacking me out for a couple seconds. my friend helped me out of the ditch and i had to walk/stumble stepping over downed logs and random rocks and ass shimmy my way across the river with blood all over my shirt.

anyone else have any good stories of getting messed up or have something really bad happen whilst inebriated?

shaneth

Hoodrat
Reaction score
While in Germany a few years back, I went to an open air show, and got really hammered. After the show, cops showed up to get everyone out of the park and it turned into a big demonstration. I had no idea what was going on and when I woke up in the morning, my face was all swollen. Apparently, I got my ass kicked by some riot cops who were going to take me to jail, but people were punching the cops and pulling me away and chanting and throwing shit. Crazy times.

Dameon

Reaction score
There was the time I drank a bunch of beer, and me and my brother somehow got the idea it would be lots of fun running back and forth across the freeway in the middle of the night. I slipped while hopping across the barrier in the middle and planted my face on the road, opening up my eyebrow. It's the only time I've ever had to get stitches, and half of one of my eyebrows is pretty much just scar tissue.

M

Mouse

got messed up and ended up cutting a big hunk off the end of my big toe cuz there was broken glass in my friends drivway. I couldn't wear a shoe for 2 weeks cuz it was right on the tip and would bum EVERYTHING.

there's always the falling... I fell down some stairs ass first (thankfully) and ended up with a 6 inch purple and black bruise. When it healed up it started to look like a lipstick/kiss mark so "kiss my ass" was my motto of that month.

got really shitty one time and face planted into a wall and left a big hole. I don't remeber this but I found out about it the next day when I was like "jesus, why does my nose hurt so bad??"

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
lol wow im sooo far from being poise in any way haha. One time i went to a show and got wasted off some jack daniels. this guy was fucking with me so i just started punching the shit out of him then my last punch hit his elbo, breaking my right hand...it swelled up like a soft ball and turned purple. i kept seeing how far i could push my finger into the swelling before it hurt too bad. Ive also stepped on a nail and had it pin my foot in my shoe filled with blood. it got stuck in a bone er sumthin so i had to pull really hard to get it out. as i was pulling it out my friend(who was right next to me sleeping) woke up to my impaled foot in her face and me with probably the scariest face ive ever made on haha she jumped up and started freaking out right as i got it out :)

Speedy

Reaction score
one morning after a black out night of drinking , i was emptying the content of my pocket onto my bed when i pulled out this little round brown thing. I studied it for a moment thinking it was a piece of candy and then put it to my nose to smell it. Well, to my suprise, it wasnt a piece of candy but a dog turd and that wasnt the only one, i emptied my pocket of two more and none were candy. I called one of my friends up and asked how I got dog turds in my pocket and he said he was so trashed that he didnt remember any of the previous night. So eaither my stupid friends put it there or i w had a drunken urge to collect dog poop from who knows where. I still dont have a answer to this question

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
I smashed my fist to a nice grapefruit size drinking with my mom at the beach one night. The transit cops called me a whaaaambulance..and while waiting...searched me. They missed my set of keys!! I had 6 metal rods put in my hand for a month for that one.
And then there was the jumping out of my brothers car at 40Km an hour into a creek. I missed the creek a bit and my head hit the bank somewhat. A blade of grass went into my ear cannal. The folks at the hospital though i was bleeding my brains out..till they did a CT scan a few towns away. Lucky.
I have had a few black eyes and bruised ribs..but dunno where they come from most of the time.
I still like to drink...a lot!

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
oh here's another one. I jumped on a bed with just the glass part of a picture frame on it...ive got a 5 inch scar on my thigh. bled forever man.

BrokeWhiteBoy

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Broken toe that stayed broken for nearly 6 months. When it would finally heal (stop hurting and I could move it) I would get trashed and the next day it would be back to hurting again.

Regularly sprain ankles and elbows and wrists while jumping fences and walls while drunk.

skiptown

Reaction score
Chattanooga, Olympia or Oakland. Sometimes Brookly
Punched someone in the toofers while sauced and got an insane hand infection (surprise surprise). When I finally went to get some antibiotics a month later the doc freaked out and said I needed to go to the ER and get emergency surgery. So I went to the ER where they said (direct quote btw) "We don't want to alarm you, but we are almost undoubtably going to amputate two of your fingers because of the depth of infection." I was being prepped for surgery half an hour later trying to give myself a thinly veiled pep talk about how I don't really need my index and middle finger on my dominant hand. Luckily, they were able to save both fingers. Anyways, I had to spend almost ten days in the hospital, had two surgeries and then had a picc line (peripherally inserted central catheter) which is like an IV on crack that has a tube that goes up your arm in your vein to the top of the heart. I had to use this to give myself intravenous antibiotics (ampicillian) every six hours for five weeks. I had to mix the ampicillian which consisted of three parts: a tiny bottle of the powdered medication, a tiny bottle of sterile water and IV saline bags THAT HAVE TO BE REFRIGERATED NO LONGER THAN TEN HOURS BEFORE USING! This antibiotic is also very unstable once it is mixed so it can't be put together more than twelve hours before usage. Needless to say, this put a damper on my early summer travel plans and I spent most of June looking up physical therapy exercises and alternating between being in incredible pain and being doped up as fuck from all the pain meds they gave me. Either way it sucked and I basically didn't leave the house for a month.

pushand03pussing.jpg

pushand14gnargnarwoundcloseup.jpg

Photo260-1.jpg

Photo263.jpg

Photo242.jpg

elokupa

Reaction score
oooouch thats nasty. glad to hear youve still got your fingers though!

my funniest drunk injury was in some town, the name escapes me, in belgium. i was staying at a house with an old fountain in the back garden. the fountain in disrepair and full of green slime and stagnant water with a ledge and statue in the middle

anyways i was jousted into jumping onto the middle ledge. being not-so-sober i jumped and hugged the statue to not fall but the statue collapsed under me and i went into the slime hugging a mermaid statue... 2 broken fingers and broken thumb!

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
WOW! the ones where you can see your hand bones are frickin awesome. beautiful in a twisted Mark Ryden kind of a way...

glad you kept your fingers.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I don't think that's the bone, bone actually has a protective covering over it which has a fair number of vessels, so I'm guessing that's the tendon sheath? Still, that is one hell of an abcess to have on a hand. Good to see that all the fingers and finger tats are intact. Just remember when injuries swell up badly or smell funny, it's a real bad sign.

I don't get drunk injuries, just reckless injuries. Once I had a minor cranial puncture by headbutting someone in the mouth, and a piece of a tooth lodged in my skull. Blood everywhere.

skiptown

Reaction score
Chattanooga, Olympia or Oakland. Sometimes Brookly
I don't think that's the bone, bone actually has a protective covering over it which has a fair number of vessels, so I'm guessing that's the tendon sheath? Still, that is one hell of an abcess to have on a hand. Good to see that all the fingers and finger tats are intact. Just remember when injuries swell up badly or smell funny, it's a real bad sign.

Yes that is the tendon or its sheath. They had to cut through part of one and sliced up a bunch of my ligaments. It took me several months to regain full motion in my fingers and still smarts sometimes.

Scarecrow

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I don't remember what i was fucked up on, but i was relaxing on a stoop by some intersection when my buddies van with a bunch of friends pull up. For some reason i saw fit to run at the van and well i didn't stop and my elbow went right into the window, getting my arm filled with glass and the poor girl who was sitting next to said window was finding pieces of glass in those clothes for weeks. Got blood all over my arm and it was all over the sidewalk leading to my friends apartment... ended up being 15-20 stitches

BrokeWhiteBoy

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
One new addition to my drunk injuries that hurt me the most (emotionally)...

Losing my favorite pair of shoes. Reef Eugene's. They had bottle openers built in and they were insanely comfortable. Downside was I wasn't even drunk yet. Girl threw up all down my legs and filled my shoes. The liquor and stomach acid did a nice job on the foam and glue and all that that the soles were made of. Had to throw them away.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads