Dogs, and other cool buddies...

D

Deleted member 1505

My rat Solomon (RIP) was the best traveling companion I could ever ask for. He was really easy to take care of (we shared food and water) and he would always sleep in a compartment on top of my pack or in my hood. Every night when we'd find a place to settle down, he would go off to explore but would always be back by morning in my sleeping bag. He also did very well on trains...

Bizaeea

Reaction score
Speaking of rats, I had one a while ago that died, would sit on my shoulder all the time, when I was drinking from a rocks glass or something open, he would run down my arm, get a sip, then run back up and sleep in my hood. I really want to get another one, but I don't really know how to travel with it when I start. Like, what I should carry him in, what to feed him when I can't get him any packaged food, stuff like that. I don't like the idea of shoving him in a bag, but I don't like the idea of him always being out and about either. The thing that keeps popping into my head is that little tube carrier the Russian from Wanted had his rat in, but I don't know where to get one of those, let alone if it works or not.

christa

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
rotti/shepard mix. didn't love trains as much pretty scared of the loud noises and bumps but her wanting to be with her mama overruled her fear of trains. Good friend and wonderful protector. 75 lb dog will scare the crap outta anyone. heres some picture of my beauty...womans best friend... View attachment 8924 View attachment 8925

christa

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
fuck dogs, i want a goat to travel with!!
they are too cute =D
goats are pretty f*n loud. i grew up on a farm with three of them, they also have to eat constantly apparently when their intestines aren't processing food on a constant basis they die. I had a goat that crawled under my house and got stuck died a couple of hours after rescue because of that.

Johnny Lightspeed

Reaction score
I heard you can buy live crab and lobsters with foodstamps from grocery stores that sell that kinda shit. I'm about to go to chinatown to see if I can't get an Alaskan King Crab to travel with me. Get a leash and a spray bottle to spritz it with water every now and again

• Haha
Reactions: wildwerden

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
goats are pretty f*n loud. i grew up on a farm with three of them, they also have to eat constantly apparently when their intestines aren't processing food on a constant basis they die. I had a goat that crawled under my house and got stuck died a couple of hours after rescue because of that.

Bummertown
Population: me

haha, no.
I was only making fun when I brought that up, a goat would seem far too absurd to try and travel with.

They are still far too cute tho!

Karalaine

Reaction score
why my dog is way cooler than yours.....

incase you wanted to brag about your fuzzy kids.....

My girl zoe is a beautiful pit/fox hound mix. We met in Austin when her first owner went to prison for a murder in El Paso. She got passed around amongst the drag rats for a couple weeks before a kid named chris crash took her. I ended up hopping out with zowie and chris, and weve been together for about 7 months now. she hates squirrels and crackheads with a burning fury, i think she can smell the burnt brillo in there pipes. Shes saved my ass from homebums trying to steal my spange hat off the sidewalk, and kept us safe in some seedy neighborhoods in chicago and little rock. she runs away from her own farts, and turns into a wingnut after her morning poo. shes goofy as they get, but as soon as the sun goes down shes on point and taking her job very seriously. View attachment 17323

SparrowW

Reaction score
I'm going to second that question of traveling with a ferret. I'd really like to take one of my babies with me, I'm just worried about heat and them being kind of high maintenance and not great with listening.

Oh, or peacocks. My friend is getting rid of her albino peacock and I think he'd be awesome to take along.

Amish

Reaction score
i got my girl she my pup .. australian shepherd and blue heeler mix shes pretty and smart and pretty damn obnoxious @_@ though sometimes i think shes the dumbest dog in the worl though its just my luck that shes just as much of a smart ass then i am
you cant miss her nor me when i have her shes got one brown eye and one blue eye with a lil bit of brown in it also got the markings of an aussie and some of the colouring as well as the texture and of her fur and the length of the heeler

Karalaine

Reaction score
i caught a baby rat in peoples park, fed her my boiled egg from wingnut breakfast, and would walk to the cheeseboard, which is the badass cheese co-op in berkely, they give out free cheese sandwiches and biscuits if your hungry, and ide share them with fink. i woke up one night in buena vista about 2 weeks after i captured fink, and she was cold and stiff in my pocket. my raoddog and i blew warm air on her and rubbed her little muscles, she came back and was running around in her rat ball, shitting in my pocket, and giving me a dental cleaning the next day like nothing happened. the same thing happened the next night but we couldnt bring her back. someone told me that only one out of every 10 rats born in the wild live to be an adult, so i guess it just wasnt ment to be.

notconnerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I would rather ride solo for all of time than ride with a dog. I like dogs just fine, but they look like such a hinderance.

Also, I dig all the scumfucks who have rabid/mangy/ill tempered/disease riddled dogs.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads