DIY Body Piercing

streetrat

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
anti eyebrows are really stupid. 70 percent chance of rejecting in a month. 100 percent chance of rejecting in the next like 5 months.

if you want something like that you should get subdermals. like a lil implant thing... hard to describe.. bah

sharks77

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
wow. and no. my friend got dermal anchors on her callar bone... then got them removed because surface piercings are normally dumb and catch on everything.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
if yah wanna see some wild shit bout peircings and whatnot, checkout BME: Body Modification Ezine - The Biggest and Best Tattoo, Piercing and Body Modification Site Since 1994
it'll also give you any info you'll ever need to know about peircings and other types of body mods. the only peircings I ever did with a saftey pin were my nipples and what I did was peirce them with a standard large saftey pin then followed it through with a regular ear peircing stud and then slowely streched up to a strard size 14ga. about one size every few weeks until I got to a normal size. now I use sterile needles and it's much easier. often if you walk into a "mom and pop" peircing shop thye'll sell you a needle for a few bucks. that's the best way to go.

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
The reason for piercing through cartilage rather than in the "sweet spot" is so that if you gauge the piercing it won't deform your nose as much. I have been piercing for 7 years, and most people want it in the sweet spot, mine is in the cartilage however, and I had it gauged to a 2, without leaving my nose all hookbilled.
Don't go through the cartilage! there's a pice of skin between the cartilage & the bumpy base bit. that's where ya want to do it!

devenheartbreak

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
are there certain spots in your lip you have to watch out for when piercing it? i have 1 that i got professionally but i want to get another next to it and have no money.

I have snakebites, and the first time I got my lip pierced, I let my friend do it. I'm pretty sure theres no bad spots to watch out for.. And, I'm a certified piercer, I had to take classes and stuff. But, it never said anywhere in any of the classes anything about sensitive nerves in the lips. Mostly just in the tongue and belly button.

Ubi

Reaction score
all this piercing stuff freaks me out. I have my septum done, and I think the guy used a hollow needle. is that how it's normally done? my friend watched it go through and she said she didn't see a piece of my nose tissue come out or anything. I always wondered about that.

smellyskelly

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
So whats the most creative piercing any of you have seen or have?

four 10g 316LVM SS 1 1/2'' barbells in my right rib cage, like a corrsette but i never laced it up.
and four 14g 316LVM SS 5/8'' barbells in my upper left breast, closer to my collar bone, it formed a squared off heart

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
all this piercing stuff freaks me out. I have my septum done, and I think the guy used a hollow needle. is that how it's normally done? my friend watched it go through and she said she didn't see a piece of my nose tissue come out or anything. I always wondered about that.

yes, a piece of flesh is removed with hollow needles to prevent ripping like other needles do like sewing needles and safety pins. no, you dont normally see the skin fall out or anything;)
but yes, hollow needles are professional.

M

Mouse

I had the one side of my lip done a few times because the "pros" fucked it up. it's been jabbed a total of 5 times until it was done right. yay for a nasty scar! but, even though it was poked in various spots i had no problems w/ nerves or veins.

it was finally done right by some non-pro random dude in boston. thankfully.

note - don't get pierced at the shop across from Wayward in G'ville. assholes. i already had one side of my lip done and wanted the matching snake bite thing and the dick refused to place it symmetrically because he felt the first one I had was too high up. why would I want snakebites that don't match? jackass!

oh, and a septum isn't painful to get pierced... it's the healing that sucks.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i actually had problems with my left snake bite. i guess i pierced through a nerve and even after months and it was healed i could take it out for 10 minutes and it would try to close. i ended up just letting it heal.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
A

Arapala

I am very surprised as to how uneducated some of these posts are. I am completely dumbfounded at the amount of incorrect statements on this page alone. I do not have the time to correct every false statement on this page. If you are planning on piercing yourself or having your friend pierce you, I highly suggest against it. In the long wrong it will save you a lot of time, patience, pain, and money to get it professionally done. The bottom line is in-home piercing (and tattooing) is disgusting. Body piercing is a skill that takes years to master.

You must take care of your body, after all it's the only thing you truly have...

For more information on finding a skilled piercer in your area please visit:
Locate a Member | Association of Professional Piercers

Zorila

Reaction score
Website
squattheplanet.com
I am very surprised as to how uneducated some of these posts are. I am completely dumbfounded at the amount of incorrect statements on this page alone. I do not have the time to correct every false statement on this page. If you are planning on piercing yourself or having your friend pierce you, I highly suggest against it. In the long wrong it will save you a lot of time, patience, pain, and money to get it professionally done. The bottom line is in-home piercing (and tattooing) is disgusting. Body piercing is a skill that takes years to master.

You must take care of your body, after all it's the only thing you truly have...

For more information on finding a skilled piercer in your area please visit:
Locate a Member | Association of Professional Piercers

I am against what stewart said here, in my eyes, every body mod should be made by yourself or a friend, if you do it professionaly not ony you will spend money on it but it won't be accompaniedby a pleasant, rewarding memory either, proffessional body mod is boring and expensive and if you want something that cannot be done by either yourself or a friend, think about it, i reckon you're going too far.

I had a frenum pierceing myself with a sewing machine needle, it's thicker and and it's thickness is somewhat progressive like an expader, it's more painfull but after that it's easy to insert your barbell

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads