DIY Body Piercing

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah, not really how to...i have 16 holes in my body ive all done myself with a safety pin.(nose, 12 in ears, 2 in lip, and nipples) I'm just curious if anyone has any remedies on going from needle to jewelry and such. I'm thinking about doing my septum next but its kinda sensitive and i dont want to go through the hassle of piercing it then not be able to get the ring through. so tips n shit?

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
yeah, i could just not be a cheap bastard and go buy a kit. eh im too fucking lazy. whatever. i dont need anymore holes for now.

marc

Reaction score
are there certain spots in your lip you have to watch out for when piercing it? i have 1 that i got professionally but i want to get another next to it and have no money.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
im pretty sure there is... a big part of becoming a professional piercer (from what i understand) is learning the placement of the nervous system, so you don't go and permanently fuck up someone's face.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i dunno about that. lips are pretty much made of body fat. i wouldnt worry about the lip. if your body doesnt like it, it will just reject it.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
So whats the most creative piercing any of you have seen or have?

DFA

Reaction score
Website
wemakezines.ning.com
are there certain spots in your lip you have to watch out for when piercing it? i have 1 that i got professionally but i want to get another next to it and have no money.

you gotta watch out for nerve clusters or any visible veins when piercing the lip.

You can usually find out where nerve clusters are, take a pair of tweezers or squeeze the area of your lip you want done tight with your fingers, if the area turns from the pink or red to a pale-yellowish color, that is a nerve cluster. No piercing that area, unless you want your face to go numb. And watch out for visible veins, even if your not hitting one head on you don't want the needle or the jewelry to be resting on a vein, that will fuck your shit up for sure.

As for the septum, that is a sensitive area with a shitload of nerves. On top of that You have to mark that area of flesh between the nostrils EXACTLY and measure the tiny divots on each side of the septum, and the measurements have to line up with the markings. They make septum clamps for the professionals on purpose so they get the needle in through straight even if they fuck the measuring up, and if you pierce any other area of flesh on that part of the nose accidentally it is fucking Painful with a capital P.

So I guess my point is septum's are a shitty, shitty pain in the ass, and left best to someone with experience....

streetrat

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
iv pierced my septum twice, my parallel, my cock 3 times and my ears.
diy piercing is easy, just dont be stupid about it.
always use sterilized piercing needles. and dont be a pusy :p

but for thing like lip, ears, nose etc, stick a carrot on the back side then just push the needle through your flesh into the carrot

apples and potatoes work nice too
:D

T

Tailz

in the middle of the bottom lip... down where the labret piercing would be their is a flap of skin that connects the lip to the lower jaw, thats the only place on the lip you need to worry about. that flap has a nerve in it and will seriously fuckin hurt if you stick. just like the flap under the tongue. but i know a kid who has pierced that and it didnt fuck anything up on her. just be careful.

i did my septum with a large yarn needle(not like a knitting needle but a really big sewing needle) i cut down to about a half inch. i had to do it three times in a row though.haha. the first time i used the whole needle with plans of cutting it down after it pierced it but it was too thick and i had to take it out and cut it down and re do it then i got it crooked then i got it right. then i woke up in the middle of the night all disoriented and was like "what the fucks in my nose?" and pulled it out. i havnt gotten around to redoing it yet, ive had alot of infected cyts lately and dont really need to deal with another one.
ummm but i i just pulled down on the bottom part of my nose where it attaches to the face and pierced it right underneath the cartilage. i hear some people go through the cartilage and some people dont. i dont really know what way is right

streetrat

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
dont ever go through the cartilage there a space in your septum between the top layer of cartilage and the bottem layer, its nice and soft and your supposed to go through there..

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
duh. but it's true. some people purposely go through the cartilage. not sure why. seems horribly painful.

Geoff

Reaction score
Everytime i peirce myself I manage to do it crooked -_-
and as for 'creative' piercings the anti-eyebrow has got to be the most creative in my book.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads