Colorado Springs, CO

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Which one? the ban? goggle it.

not sure what you're trying to say there.

in other news, i posted a response in the comments:

screenshot-www.krdo.com-2018.07.20-09-43-07.png

Manitou MamaBear

Reaction score
Website
iamcompubear.com
Just so you know it is illegal to camp near Fountain Creek it caries a $1000 fine and up to 180 days in jail. Also you may camp in the National Forest but you must move every 14 days.
If you are in the area you are welcome to join me at St. Andrews Episcopal Church at 11:15 for Community Meal.

Manitou MamaBear

Reaction score
Website
iamcompubear.com
I've alway thought crime is a bit subjective...if you have common sense you can alway avoid it and it's troubles, even in the worst cities; ie-dont walk the high street at 4am alone with your pack on.
With that being said it's more drunken violence and paper fraud happening here.

You'll definately be able to find a nice camp spot. Privacy depends on how far from ammenities you wanna be. You could be by yourself for miles if yo you wanna hike 25 miles for supplies, but you could also find a nice spot along the Fountain river 1 mile from downtown, but you'd be accompanied by a few other tents.

And in regards to weed, it's the best here in my opinion, and I've smoked in CA, OR, and WA within the last year and CO has the tops. Everyone grows, super cheap good schtuff. Lots of cool microbrews here too...but theyre too expensive for me.

I'll be here and there until it gets coooold again. Hit me up if you land here and if I'm in town Ill give ya the tour, show ya good camp spots, where to get food, etc.

You can no longer camp near Fountain Creek. It carries a $1000 fine and or 180 in jail. You can camp on the National Forest, but must move every 14 days.

Please come see me at our Community Kitchen at St. Andrews Episcopal Church 11:15 or Services at 10

Manitou MamaBear

Reaction score
Website
iamcompubear.com
Currently in the springs with my lady my dog an our van. It's definitely chill here, like previously said, if your on foot, along the fountain river (which also runs along the train tracks, it does make stops here), west of I-25 and memorial park specifically are great places to crash. If your in a vehicle the walmarts say no overnighting but they really don't give a shit, we frequently just park in a lot of the public parks and don't get bothered, they're quiet and dark and a lot have porta potties even. People are very generous here don't be scared to fly a sign and if you find yourself near garden of the gods, CHECK OUT MANITOU, if you busk this is a great city for it. If anyone's got questions hmu
If you make it to Manitou Springs, your welcome at our Community Kitchen at St. Andrews Episcopal Church at 11:15 Service at 10:00.

Reactions: Chazten

Treyvon

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I winter in Colorado Springs (60 miles south of Denver). It's a great city to be poor in.
Plenty of places to camp. Tooons of christians here which equates to lots of food banks and help-the-hungry programs. (They give away pizza in Acacia Park every Sat.!)
Downtown is small, public transpo is mediocre, and in 15 minutes you can be very far away from people in some of the most beautiful nature I've seen. I cook as well, and have always gotten work when I wanted it. (I do have an AA in culinary though...). Losts of cool communty gardens popping up and a small group of business owners dedicated to doing the right thing by its customers.

-Downfalls-lots of christians, lots of douchy military types (fort carson is close, but this has been good as I have dumpster some amazing gear from apartment complexes). Also no real culture to speak of...a few art galleries, one decent music venue with a good band rolling through every now and again, and only a handful of restaraunts that I would eat at. For me, being so close to the mountains and all the outdoorsy stuff here makes up for the lack of more urban entertaining.

Denver is the only BIG city here. I dont like to be poor in big cities. Just not my thing. You also might wanna check out Fort Collings, a smaller college town (CSU) that has a cool Colorado vibe to it.

I'd look into the Springs or FoCo before Denver....
So you like the Christians because they’re generous but you also hate them! I guess you just like to take advantage of people which is such a douchy trait. Yet you call soldiers douchy. You’re a piece of work!

Treyvon

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Colorado Springs is no longer safe to be on the streets. The theft, assault, and murder has gotten out of control. With less and less places to stay, war for turf is at an all time high here. Time to move on to Illinois.

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I winter in Colorado Springs (60 miles south of Denver). It's a great city to be poor in.
Plenty of places to camp. Tooons of christians here which equates to lots of food banks and help-the-hungry programs. (They give away pizza in Acacia Park every Sat.!)
Downtown is small, public transpo is mediocre, and in 15 minutes you can be very far away from people in some of the most beautiful nature I've seen. I cook as well, and have always gotten work when I wanted it. (I do have an AA in culinary though...). Losts of cool communty gardens popping up and a small group of business owners dedicated to doing the right thing by its customers.

-Downfalls-lots of christians, lots of douchy military types (fort carson is close, but this has been good as I have dumpster some amazing gear from apartment complexes). Also no real culture to speak of...a few art galleries, one decent music venue with a good band rolling through every now and again, and only a handful of restaraunts that I would eat at. For me, being so close to the mountains and all the outdoorsy stuff here makes up for the lack of more urban entertaining.

Denver is the only BIG city here. I dont like to be poor in big cities. Just not my thing. You also might wanna check out Fort Collings, a smaller college town (CSU) that has a cool Colorado vibe to it.

c

You could never starve there. The Springs is my second home, use to live there for 12 years and it was nice living a couple blocks from Marion Soup kitchen. I was just out there recently visiting.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Colorado Springs is no longer safe to be on the streets. The theft, assault, and murder has gotten out of control. With less and less places to stay, war for turf is at an all time high here. Time to move on to Illinois.

what a load of shit. you make it sound like detroit or new orleans. colorado springs is the fucking shire from lord of the rings compared to those cities.

Chazten

Reaction score
Illinois is your next choice after leaving somewhere like Colorado? Lmao what.
And no city in Colorado is “dangerous” I’ve never felt threatened once in the hoodest part of Denver, the springs is soft

Jerrell

Reaction score
Man, I was thinking about looking up a gaming friend in CO Springs when I am passing through that area, but I'm going to go ahead and judge the entire city by a blog post by a "reporter" and the blog comments section. Just gonna pass up the whole city. I don't feel comfortable putting my money towards that economy.

NiceNymph5150

Reaction score
Shit man, I try to avoid shelters like the plague, so I can't tell you much about them other than where they are.

But I will say I'm not sure that you would need a valid CO ID so long as you have a valid GA ID; but you'd have to go to the DMV for that if you needed one. You'd for sure need proof of residensy; but again I had my PA ID forever here and it was never a problem. (I've got a library card, went to food banks, got jobs etc with my PA ID, so long as you have some mail with a CO zip on it; I believe the only thing you wont be able to do is get food stamps which is a fucking huge hassle anyway and donate plasma with an outta state ID, but thats probably a good thing. :) )

I keep a PO box, that's what I would do if I was you. It cost me $4 a month. Get anything sent to it, anybody that wants proof of residency just want mails with your name and a CO address on it.
At the Salvation Army R.J. Montgomery Shelter if a person doesn't have valid I.D. they can go to the police station and explain your situation and they will give you a referral to get in. Springs Rescue Mission is a horrible place for women

Chazten

Reaction score
Man, I was thinking about looking up a gaming friend in CO Springs when I am passing through that area, but I'm going to go ahead and judge the entire city by a blog post by a "reporter" and the blog comments section. Just gonna pass up the whole city. I don't feel comfortable putting my money towards that economy.
The whole front range, cosprings Denver Fort Collins it all sucks really, the deeper west in the mountains the better it gets

Reactions: DenoM and Jerrell

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads