Catching Out Of Fort Worth For The First Time | Squat the Planet

Catching Out Of Fort Worth For The First Time

Vae Victis

Reaction score
I really want to go to Mexico City but the border patrol, army, navy, national guard and space aliens will all be out in full force. So, It looks like I will be going West, unless someone here can give me an idea to not get caught on my first ever border crossing attempt. I have a ride offer to Weatherford's rail yard. I don't want to waste this guy's time. I am afraid of hitchhiking tbh. Never done it before. I want to know if there is a camp of train hoppers in Ft. Worth who can help me out. Is anyone else in DFW trying to go South or West? Do you have any tips?

drode

Reaction score
Hitchhiking is a pretty important part of train riding. I suggest you put in some time re-considering wanting to ride trains if you're expecting to be spoon fed information and also not do a lot of the work that comes along with it.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Just ride almost to the border, walk through the crossing, and wait for another train in Mexico. I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure trains slow for international crossings.

But seriously. Dont ride through the border. Also, not to be a dick, but you sound incredibly unprepared to be hopping freight. You dont seem to know where you are going, the dangers of hopping freight, or how border crossings work.

Hitchhiking is inevitable if you are going to ride. I'd get used to it. It's much less dangerous. However, Texas blows compared to other states for hitching.

• Agree
Reactions: Matt Derrick

The Hiker

Reaction score
Is there something preventing this? Again, I'm confused.[/QUOTE]
I'm more worried about being killed via hitchhiking than by a train.
If you're more scared of hitchhiking than trainhopping you don't know what your doing, probably 10% of the people who pick up hitchhikers are creepy or problematic, and maybe 5% are violent, on a train you can get crushed, torn in half, fall off and land at high speed, the people who hop trains are more dangerous than the people who pick up hitchhikers, you can get arrested and fucked with by the bulls, hitchhike before you trainhop, its safer by probably 5 times at least

• Agree
Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

noothgrush

Reaction score
No, it is. You just, like, walk through the border. Merry Christmas! There's a dude with a machine gun who stands there and you smile and wave and that's it!

Is there something preventing this? Again, I'm confused.
Maybe he doesn't have a passport. Or he's a felon. Either way its easier to get out of America then back in.

D

Deleted member 11392

Maybe he doesn't have a passport. Or he's a felon. Either way its easier to get out of America then back in.

I get that. And I may have misunderstood the OPs concerns. So I'll ask @Vae Victis : What's the issue with going to Mexico City? Is it coming back into the US? You need a passport to get back in through the border. Crossing it illegally would be Ill advised for more reasons than I'll bother listing. Hopping a freight train back into the US is against my advice, too.

But going into Mexico isn't an issue. The borders open, you just go.

How were you planning on getting to Mexico City I might ask?

D

Deleted member 21367

I really want to go to Mexico City but the border patrol, army, navy, national guard and space aliens will all be out in full force. So, It looks like I will be going West, unless someone here can give me an idea to not get caught on my first ever border crossing attempt. I have a ride offer to Weatherford's rail yard. I don't want to waste this guy's time. I am afraid of hitchhiking tbh. Never done it before. I want to know if there is a camp of train hoppers in Ft. Worth who can help me out. Is anyone else in DFW trying to go South or West? Do you have any tips?
Not saying you are, but if i was homeland security id be on here asking questions like this under the guise of learning to hop freight.

Vae Victis

Reaction score
I get that. And I may have misunderstood the OPs concerns. So I'll ask @Vae Victis : What's the issue with going to Mexico City? Is it coming back into the US? You need a passport to get back in through the border. Crossing it illegally would be Ill advised for more reasons than I'll bother listing. Hopping a freight train back into the US is against my advice, too.

I don't have a passport.

Vae Victis

Reaction score

I don't have a passport so I wouldn't be able to cross at a checkpoint.

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I severely doubt the Mexican authorities are going to check your passport going in...but you sure as hell arent going to be able to get back in without it.

Riding a train not only will put you through a VACIS xray ans probably get you caught, but will probably give you cancer, on the way back into the states.

Vae Victis

Reaction score
I severely doubt the Mexican authorities are going to check your passport going in...but you sure as hell arent going to be able to get back in without it.

Riding a train not only will put you through a VACIS xray ans probably get you caught, but will probably give you cancer, on the way back into the states.
I don't care to come back, tbh

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Im considering changing my plans to go back to cali....so much better weather than Denver..

Reactions: EphemeralStick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads