Photos - Captain looking for crew members to squat uninhabited islands east med | Squat the Planet

Photos Captain looking for crew members to squat uninhabited islands east med

Aleks Milenkovic

Reaction score
I will be voyaging to a group of uninhabited islands Deep South croatia in my sealine 410 statesman, a 3-4 bed yacht, I dream of purchasing atleast part of those islands one day, it is easily possible to build a large enough squaters Wright’s style village or even towns

Attachments

• 7BA6D41D-6E81-4BD5-8689-AAFE06714825.png
    7BA6D41D-6E81-4BD5-8689-AAFE06714825.png
    877.3 KB · Views: 518

Multifaceted

Reaction score
Dude

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
Post some links and give us an idea of:

1) costs (both personal and for the land purchase)

2) basic legal considerations (is the land outrightly available, what are considerations for foreigners, visas, citizenship)

3) political stability; are any of these lands contended or hostile to foreigners

4) how ready is your boat, now.

5) how much money do *you* have to put up, since you're asking for *our* throwdown.

6) what resources do you presently have in way of tools, etc.,and what is needed?

Peace,

J

Aleks Milenkovic

Reaction score
Personally, you will need to pay for yourself to get to either London or a coastal city on the way to destination, I can pay for food but contributions are welcome. As for the islands, they are worth millions, however no one lives there, so lawfully no one can claim to owning it.

There are no passport minimum requirements to enter Croatia however the initial visitor visa last for 90 days and additional visas apply for longer periods which I will applying for

We are talking about a few islands truely just out of reach of mainland interest, hardly anyone goes there ever, the nearest large inhabited islands are them self’s a far reach from mainland Croatia, I get the impression nothing has been done there because no one has been interested in organising resources to it.

The boat is more than capable of cruising to the destination, all it will take is to stock her up with supply’s and tools, building on the island will be easy if we have any labourers available, there is pine forest for wood and quality building stone. It will only take cement, rope, nails and maybe a few more things to create a solid large structure

As for finances, I take profits from property here in uk and live on the boat, so I don’t need to work and have all the time I want. My income totals around 5,000 a month, Investment into this community will not be a problem :)

Please read :)

Attachments

• 198AF5B4-0BC8-4AFB-B41E-6D45DC8BD80B.png
    198AF5B4-0BC8-4AFB-B41E-6D45DC8BD80B.png
    557.4 KB · Views: 435

Aleks Milenkovic

Reaction score
the goal for next years voyage will be a scout of the islands and hopefully the construction of a community centre and homes, there are squaters from Serbia and Croatia participating in this project also, we need numbers to make this work. to create a settlement where squaters can come and go as they please by boat. Build whatever they want. Live however they want. I aim to stay there as long as I can really but a timeline can be focused around everyone’s timeline. I can always take people back to a mainland port at any point if I case of emergency

JohnMorningstar

Reaction score
the goal for next years voyage will be a scout of the islands and hopefully the construction of a community centre and homes, there are squaters from Serbia and Croatia participating in this project also, we need numbers to make this work. to create a settlement where squaters can come and go as they please by boat. Build whatever they want. Live however they want. I aim to stay there as long as I can really but a timeline can be focused around everyone’s timeline. I can always take people back to a mainland port at any point if I case of emergency

At least the weather should be good being that close to Italy

QueerCoyote

granola punk
Reaction score
Keep me in mind for later on if this continues developing, I'm a research conservation biologist focusing right now on integrating wilderness and human resource use sustainably. Always wanted to help build a community so that they're low impact.

Reactions: XlilyX

XlilyX

Reaction score
Website
hashbone.bandcamp.com
I'll be in touch. Not often does one stumble upon such circumstances. DIY sustainability art places are kinda my passion; i'll help in any way I can. At the moment my timeframes seem to coincide with yours. DM me if you want to further discus logistics and how people can help.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
Adverse Possession is exceedingly, exceedingly tricky.

Not to be too blunt, but YOU are asking others to take a HUGE risk on something you do not appear to be expert upon, but are proposing be sucessfully performed by the grace of luck.

What YOU need to do is go out NOW & BEGIN the process which will establish color of title, chain of title, and the date at which your claims began.

Also,how are you proposing this title be taken?
In your personal name or that of a foundation or some such?
You said PURCHASE in your original post NOT squat without title,so your first post us effectively *false*.

Why would you say something like that, then change the fucking conditions??

If not outrightly sketchy, def outrightly foolish & indicative of inexperience.

I'm not upset over the proposal of squatting, but you said purchase, and then squat, and then.. then.. that these islands are worth millions..
I'm not saying it isn't possible, but do stuff in the right order..
1) begin to establish your claim.
Find precedent & requirements..
Get KNOWLEDGE, not just ideas.
2) do some searching on current arial and satellite imagery.
Look at tax roles.
Don't explore blindly, but get some viable targets together
3) in the US there are deeds known as "quitclaims" which hold no actual authority of title, unless executed by actual property owners, but can otherwise be used to document at least the actual date where begins the "open, notorious and adversarial" possessing of a piece of property against the established title which holds it.
Adverse possession rests primarily upon beieng able to demonstrate that a property is intentionally abandoned, or unable to be utilized as title to it may mandate.
In the US you *cannot* AP against title held by government.
Make sure none of the properties you are suggesting are held by the state.
You aren't going to get stuff just because you want it, so before organizing a flotilla or whatnot, that you *HAVE A PLAN*.

Just throwing money and wishfull thinking at crap is the fastest and easiest way to fail.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads