cannibalism | Squat the Planet

cannibalism

trash diver

Reaction score
Just for the sake of curiosity,how many of you would resort to cannabalism in a life or death situation? I'm reading a book about the Donner party.

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix
P

Pheonix

I would imagine human meat is tough and stringy. maybe only good stewed. I would much rather eat some good tasting meat. but if in a survival situation I would eat human if I don't have the proper supplies to hunt wild game, since it would actually be easier to hunt a human with simple manipulation. when in a survival situation conserving energy is very important and thus the easy kill is better than the hard kill.

Menyun

Reaction score
... let it soak in milk for a day or 2 to get the human tag out and season it properly and it will be good tasting meat...

Puckett

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
i would so eat someone, i wouldnt even think twice about it. but then again im a fatty lol

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
it may depend on my situation too. if i was stuck somewhere (literally stuck and couldn't move) and i knew i would never be found, i don't think so. what's the point when you know you're going to die anyway? just prolongs the suffering of your situation. other than a scenario like that, sure, if someone dead could keep me alive long enough to possibly find help.

Reactions: noitanicullaH

bIackswan

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
ravenous-3.gif

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org
Cannibalism is primarily a social phenomenon, rather than a physical one.
Cultures that actually practised it are far outnumbered by those who were accused of it. It has been a very convenient tool for the denigration of "primitive" cultures, particularly in those countries that were invaded by Europeans.

'Columbus and Other Cannibals' by Jack D Forbes is a fantastic book and one that everyone should read at some point.

When it comes to eating other people, I'd be very concerned about eating a modern domesticated human, their lifestyle and diet is generally poor and, if butchery is to be our guideline, it would be pointless trying to eat a human over about 14 or 15 years or age as they would be quite tough and stringy.

Jonathon Swift, the satirist, once suggested, that the children of the poor could be raised for meat, it would certainly help with the population crisis. ;)

E

Earth

During WWII in Germany and also earlier, during the Russian Revolution - people lived off human flesh.

I can't say for sure I would as well if in that kind of situation, because I don't know what frame of mind I'd be in.
But as of right now, no - there's no way I'd eat human flesh....
I'd rather starve.

Then again, if it were an enemy.......................... maybe

carnytrash

Reaction score
Website
carnytrash.tumblr.com
Once read a book that was all about cannibal serial killers that was full of very insightful things. Such as the fact that there used to be a website where people could link up - eaters would be able to meet their meals and make a consenting contract in case any questions were raised later. After reading that book, the thought of cannibalism seems far less absurd than it once had.

P

Pheonix

most old cannibal tribes only eat their enemies. after killing an enemy spy from the other tribe now you have this big piece of meat and a starving tribe. most cannibal tribes didn't kill for food they killed for other reasons and just made the best of a dead body that they had to dispose of in one way or another. personally I think the made they right decision. if I had to kill someone for self-defense in a society with little resources I would make the same decision.

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org
most old cannibal tribes only eat their enemies. after killing an enemy spy from the other tribe now you have this big piece of meat and a starving tribe. most cannibal tribes didn't kill for food they killed for other reasons and just made the best of a dead body that they had to dispose of in one way or another. personally I think the made they right decision. if I had to kill someone for self-defense in a society with little resources I would make the same decision.

My issue with cannibalism would be that the healthiest cannibal diet would involve eating people as far removed from your own gene pool as possible and I'd genuinely be a bit worried that other people might interpret that as racism which, I think, makes me the most politically correct human being who has ever lived and so I now appoint myself god king of everything.

Let the festivities commence!

Reactions: wokofshame

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Eh I think they would have to die naturally as opposed to me "hunting" them. I'd never kill someone to eat them in a survival setting, unless of course they came at me first then its game on.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Im down, where the bodies at?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads