Can i carry a 13in mini camp axe on the side of my backpack. | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Can i carry a 13in mini camp axe on the side of my backpack.

Mad Mike

Reaction score
Agreed with the almost had never any issues, and when I did the Appalachian I did carry one with me used it rarely but it did come in handy a few times, and coming down the Colorado illegally I left it behind what's some campers wished I hadn't cuz I could have used it at several times. I like in the previous thread it really depends on where you're going what state if your a felon it's a 50-50 chance on whatever you carry or just your person

Mad Mike

Reaction score
But always in my pack I keep a Kershaw Kai blade Trader very useful tools mine has six blades that interchange and I had a gentleman make a blade just for cutting trees

Reactions: Odin and Dmac

Johny

Reaction score
Well i'm currently in florida but ill be going to multiple states.
ounce was in jail with a home bum in manatee county becuase he had a butter knife and a fork rolled up in a bandana in his backpack , he was charged with a concealed weapon. i know yours would be exposed but im just trying to give you an idea of how florida feels about travelers , the homeless ect.

Mad Mike

Reaction score
I grew up in Florida
( pensacola) traveled all the way from the keys to northeast Florida workd for Disney I understand how Florida's laws are and their horrid !! That's the only state I've ever been in that will put you in prison for 5 years for molesting a blue crab trap! They are not traveler friendly and squatting is even worse. My buddy Butcher was arrested for DUI for riding a bicycle intoxicated on the beach . $500 fine and six months probation to a dancer that wore high heels on the boardwalk on Pensacola Beach. And not to mention their Corky Fly by Night laws on what is a concealed weapon and what is not my cousin got kicked out a bar for having a Snickers bar in his pocket (conceled wepon) in the parking lot of a bar called Gean's Lounge. My ex-fiance was arrested charged find and put on probation for throwing a Twinkie out of the window of a moving vehicle, they charged her with projections of a deadly missile,one year probation for a roach, and 5 years for a seed that sprouted in the floorboard of a vehicle cultivation charge . And this is just what has happened to close friends and family, yes Florida sucks I wouldn't run the gauntlet on anything there.!

Last edited:

WindWalker1970

Reaction score
I say carry camp axe in your bag. Strapped on the side will get you stopped by the cops every time they see it. My bundle it away and IF stopped and asked about "weapons" just be cool and say I have a camp hatchet for firewood. I was stopped with a huge pack on and a weapon inside and never searched. So if they don't ask I don't tell. =)

fig

Reaction score
you should say -may- I carry a 13 inch camp axe on the side of my backpack.

personally I think it's a terrible idea, my self defense hitching has always been things like wooden clubs (for juggling) or thick chains. the few times I've been in physical altercations ended up being nothing but hands/knees whatever. but like a few people have said, the final judgment is up to you.

personally I like to get a cheap bus ticket to my starting points, and go from there. only ever done the east coast and a bit of pacific mexico. it's also easier for me in a way because I have a clean record and tend to avoid high tension situations.

good luck and blessings in all your endeavors.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I used to carry one of these:
survivalhatchetfull.jpg

And had it in a side pocket of my pack where it was accessible quickly.

I've been stopped with it, cops asked about it, and I told them or was a camping tool and that I was backpacking. Very useful tool for wood, stakes, prying into things :):eyepatch::)

I can't think of any laws that would not allow you to carry an ax, being a felon.

Knife laws very in every state, but the limit is usually 4 inches in states with knife restrictions. Don't conceal it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads