Bump key

crazy john

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
thats pretty bad ass. ill have to try it out. the factory i squatted had this roll fenced in are with all sorts of goodies but i never really bothered opening it cuz there was so much other shit everywhere to play with. but i often regreted that so i might have to go back there and try this out. thanks

Ramen Tamer

Reaction score
Bumping locks is pretty awesome. I've never bumped a lock, but I pick plenty. It's a fun hobby and really useful when friends lock themselves out of their houses.

For combo and padlocks, you can open those with a beer can (or soda, if you prefer). You just cut out a rectangular chunk with a traingular wedge at the bottom. Fold over the rectangular part a few times to give you something to hold onto and wrap it around the u-shaped part of the combo or padlock. Jam the triangular tooth of your new tool down into the lock so that it separates the lock bit from the u-shaped bit. The lock should now open. This has gotten me into many a locked Little Ceaser's dumpster.

makan kotoran

Reaction score
I've been picking a lock for the last six hours straight. that shit is addictive, especially when your stoned have you got any tips for me? what's the best thing to make picks outta? I've been using ones made from hacksaw blades, I heard street sweeper blades are perfect, but there are no sweepers in the town I'm stuck in.
also torque wrenches? I've cut a pair of tweezers in half then bent either end in opposing directions, so I have 2 wrenches that are have a different size on either end.
gonna try the drink can thing right now. and making a bump key tomorrow when i can get the right sized files
I just tried the drink can thing, all it did was rip the aluminum!

makan kotoran

Reaction score
i say boltcutters for combo or padlocks if you can find em. i got the bump down and have been useing it to let myself into an abandoned bankrupted resturaunt chain location for a sweet place to sleep. plus i can lock my stuff inside if i dont feel like carying it around all day and unlock the door when i come home at night with the police being none the wiser

haven't you changed the locks yet?
pretty easy to do and lock sets are easy to steal/find at op shops (thrift stores??)
i guess it depends on how permanent you want it to be.

Sen

Reaction score
In many cases, a padlock is the strongest part of the locking mechanism. Everyone buys carbon-fiber-titanium-reinforced-case-hardened-super-steel padlocks, and then they buy the $1.99 hasp (use hacksaw, or if poorly installed, a screwdriver). Even most chain links are softer targets than the lock itself. Avoid the lock, where possible, and attack what it's attached to. Of course, that won't always be possible.

Those pop-can wedge also works wonders on padlocks. Don't get frustrated when your first few crinkle up!

Reactions: MolotovMocktail

Doc Road

Reaction score
Dudes are like, 'yeah, ridges, numbers,and tecniqes'. chicks like, ''snniifffff,YEAH bumps are the shit!'' Priceless, HAHA! mouse youkool;)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads