Bulgaria, help! Sofia and around | Squat the Planet

Bulgaria, help! Sofia and around

Pisum Sativum

Reaction score
Hello, I'm travelling to Sofia in about a month and I'm in search of squats (don't really know if there are any), underground and anarchist movements or anything of the like. Not exclusively though, any nice place suggestion would be greatly appreaciated!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hey, sorry i don't have any info for you, but i just wanted to say that it's nice to see you're still coming around on occasion. i'd be really interested in hearing some of your travel tales sometime...

Pisum Sativum

Reaction score
hey, sorry i don't have any info for you, but i just wanted to say that it's nice to see you're still coming around on occasion. i'd be really interested in hearing some of your travel tales sometime...
Hello Matt! Yep, still here! I was meant to write about my trip to Ireland but unfortunately many names are erased from my memory. Of course, I'll fill this thread with a bulgarian, after returning :)

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@Pisum Sativum

but where are the sliced carrots?

if i got that right... its a good combination when paired with a starchy sauce... and a bit of salt, pepper, and paprika. ... or as you please... peas.. lol

Hiceadha

Reaction score
thanks I'll stick with my way..carrots, potatoes, dill and a great dose of tabasco and cayene pepper

Hows you like Ireland?
Ive kicked around Bulgaria twice mostly in the countryside though and Veliko Tarnovo. I dont think there is a punk subculture there or any subcultures to be honest, just Gypsys and Bulgarians. Most of the ex soviet countries dont have so called squats or that many people smoking weed etc. but definetly lots of abandoned building you can sleep in.

Pisum Sativum

Reaction score
Hows you like Ireland?
Ive kicked around Bulgaria twice mostly in the countryside though and Veliko Tarnovo. I dont think there is a punk subculture there or any subcultures to be honest, just Gypsys and Bulgarians. Most of the ex soviet countries dont have so called squats or that many people smoking weed etc. but definetly lots of abandoned building you can sleep in.
Oh, Ireland was awesome, especially Galway... I fucking loved that place! Thanks for the info, I've already been told things are quite tight over Bulgaria, fascism, homophobia and apolitical stances are mostly present :( Sleep's not a problem fortunately. I'm aware of some interesting spots though, which I'm posting in this thread after I'll check them out.

Pisum Sativum

Reaction score
So, things were as expected. Found only a sort of collective/squat, but they told us they keep changing address for safety reasons, I guess. There's a great bar downtown, it's called Amsterdam (38 Hristo Belchev srt.) and the people who run it are very friendly, they shared a joint with us too. Anyways if anyone wants more info, ask me, I've got a friend living there. Cheers!

• Useful
Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads