Bulgaria, help! Sofia and around (1 Viewer)

Pisum Sativum

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello, I'm travelling to Sofia in about a month and I'm in search of squats (don't really know if there are any), underground and anarchist movements or anything of the like. Not exclusively though, any nice place suggestion would be greatly appreaciated!

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Pisum Sativum

Pilgrim
Reaction score
hey, sorry i don't have any info for you, but i just wanted to say that it's nice to see you're still coming around on occasion. i'd be really interested in hearing some of your travel tales sometime...
Hello Matt! Yep, still here! I was meant to write about my trip to Ireland but unfortunately many names are erased from my memory. Of course, I'll fill this thread with a bulgarian, after returning :)

Hiceadha

Rambler
Reaction score
thanks I'll stick with my way..carrots, potatoes, dill and a great dose of tabasco and cayene pepper

Hows you like Ireland?
Ive kicked around Bulgaria twice mostly in the countryside though and Veliko Tarnovo. I dont think there is a punk subculture there or any subcultures to be honest, just Gypsys and Bulgarians. Most of the ex soviet countries dont have so called squats or that many people smoking weed etc. but definetly lots of abandoned building you can sleep in.

Pisum Sativum

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hows you like Ireland?
Ive kicked around Bulgaria twice mostly in the countryside though and Veliko Tarnovo. I dont think there is a punk subculture there or any subcultures to be honest, just Gypsys and Bulgarians. Most of the ex soviet countries dont have so called squats or that many people smoking weed etc. but definetly lots of abandoned building you can sleep in.
Oh, Ireland was awesome, especially Galway... I fucking loved that place! Thanks for the info, I've already been told things are quite tight over Bulgaria, fascism, homophobia and apolitical stances are mostly present :( Sleep's not a problem fortunately. I'm aware of some interesting spots though, which I'm posting in this thread after I'll check them out.

Pisum Sativum

Pilgrim
Reaction score
So, things were as expected. Found only a sort of collective/squat, but they told us they keep changing address for safety reasons, I guess. There's a great bar downtown, it's called Amsterdam (38 Hristo Belchev srt.) and the people who run it are very friendly, they shared a joint with us too. Anyways if anyone wants more info, ask me, I've got a friend living there. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.