Best "get pissed at the system" songs? | Squat the Planet

Best "get pissed at the system" songs?

LovelyAcorns

Reaction score
Most of the shit I listen to is calmer, but I wanna to have a mixed playlist for the times when I could give a shit less whether a song well articulates a stance and simply want the angry shit that makes me want to get off my ass and do something. So, what's your favourite "get pissed at the system" song? Preferably anti-authoritarian with at least mildly understandable lyrics, but not necessary.

Here's what I got so far:

Policeman - Against All Authority
Two Cups of Tea - Star Fucking Hipsters
Fire Fire - Gina Young
Johnny - Tom Frampton
Gang Control - Leftover Crack
Destroy The Machines - Earth Crisis
I Might Be a Peasant - The Casual Terrorist

Need more. What gets you pissed?

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Fuck authority-gg allin or anything by him pretty much, well minus expose yourself to kids and a few others HAHA!!

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Careful, not all pissed-at-the-system sort of songs are anything more than cynical or a requirement in the genre. I'm sure they are out there, I just haven't heard very many that make me want to do anything but give up. It needs a clear positive element to oppose the negative element.

Reactions: Juan Derlust

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
It needs a clear positive element to oppose the negative element.

well thats a load of bullshit. Ya gotta listen to something that gets your blood boiling, and something that relates to what you feel at the moment. you gotta listen ta fast hard loud shit to show how angry you are..ya cant get motivated to lash out at the system and strike back listening to the partridge family, judt like ya cant have good rough sex listenin ta the beatles..fuck being positive when almost everything around is negative..thats hippie shit

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Haha, I'm saying there needs to be BOTH the negative and the positive elements within the song...otherwise you just get pissed, not motivated to change something -- wait, i just realized I assumed "get off my ass and do something" referred to something pro-active, instead of encouraging state coercion. I guess if all you want to do is stick it to the system, you can get motivated enough by a strictly negative song. But the system ain't gonna change over a few dirty power chords. Even if you DID listen to that one ideal song and decided to find a random cop and punch him in the face, the prison system would still be waiting for you, as strong as ever. If punching a random cop in the face would somehow be registered as civil disobedience, it'd be another story...

Just my reflections. I may have came off as saying that one should always be positive, embracing everything, never being critical. Not so.

Oh oh...veggieguy is on his way, haha.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
ahhh I see now, i agree with that. however im stickin to not being able ta have rough sex listening ta the beatles haha

• Haha
Reactions: SamIam

LovelyAcorns

Reaction score
ahhh I see now, i agree with that. however im stickin to not being able ta have rough sex listening ta the beatles haha

I didn't know it was possible to have any sexual desire while listening to the Beatles.

RnJ, I think I get what you are saying, but at the same time I'm completely confused at why you said it. I strongly doubt any song is actually going to make people run out randomly and punch a cop, and if one did I'd be trying to hijack a radio tower right now.
I
But, the hardest part about fighting the state is getting revved up enough to do it. And yeah, I know someone people "destroy out of love", for me its mostly hate. So, when I need to do something, I need music to get me pissed enough that sitting around doing nothing is not possible.

P.S. Is "Two dead police, one for hope and one for peace" positive lyrics?

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
I strongly doubt any song is actually going to make people run out randomly and punch a cop
Man there are some songs/bands that if i listen to them i feel urged ta go out and beat the first person i see, if it happens ta be a cop... Right now I realize that it is stupid and ridiculous, but in the moment i wouldnt knwo that the music overpowers me..It may be different fer some people, but I can't live without music daily.

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I may have said it because I assumed that "getting up and doing something" meant changing something, and not just defying of it for enjoyment's sake.

M

Mouse

stiff little fingers has some good ones.

each dollar a bullet
at the edge
love of the common people
roots and radicals
break out
wasted life

the adicts - Numbers

TBone

Reaction score
Propagandhi - anything

The album Today's Empires Tomorrow's Ashes was a pretty good departure from their "poppy'er" music. It's all damn good though.

sleep

Reaction score
Ryan Harvey - Peace, Justice , and Anarchy

Public Enemy - Black steel in the Hour of Chaos

Anti-Flag - Die for the Government

Pete Seeger - Which Side Are You On

Immortal Technique - 4th Branch

farmer john

Reaction score
old school neil young ohio

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads