Best Backpacking Water Purifier? | Squat the Planet

Best Backpacking Water Purifier?

vince

Reaction score
the "steripen - adventurer" water purifier is pretty nice its really small and light and shit. theyre expensive though and i think getting one is relative to how much youll end up using it.

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I also have the same one. havent used it yet, but glad to know it works good and all that shit.

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
steripens are also small, and REI has a no chase policy...
Unfortunately they are usually locked up in a case, but just put on you nice clothes (or some of theirs...) and ask for one, then run for the door.
I saw some kids steal a kayak full of gear from REI one time. Probably 5k worth of shit. Great.
Can also do the return scam there, go garage sailing, or look at second hand shops. doesnt matter if its 10 years old, they take everything back.
They also have "used gear sales" once a year, and most of the things are returns, not acually used.

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
i had one of those steripens and the big glass half of it broke within a couple of weeks. i went with that katadyn backpacker pro one after that. it worked great until one of the little plastic caps that the hose fits onto broke off (my fault), other than that it was great. boiling water that's not stagnate pretty much always works. just filter it through your bandana and some sand, rocks and charcoal if you find some. but i do like the katadyn.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads