Best Backpacking Water Purifier? (1 Viewer)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

dirtyfacedan

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Homebase
Duncan, Canada

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
steripens are also small, and REI has a no chase policy...
Unfortunately they are usually locked up in a case, but just put on you nice clothes (or some of theirs...) and ask for one, then run for the door.
I saw some kids steal a kayak full of gear from REI one time. Probably 5k worth of shit. Great.
Can also do the return scam there, go garage sailing, or look at second hand shops. doesnt matter if its 10 years old, they take everything back.
They also have "used gear sales" once a year, and most of the things are returns, not acually used.

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
Homebase
ga
i had one of those steripens and the big glass half of it broke within a couple of weeks. i went with that katadyn backpacker pro one after that. it worked great until one of the little plastic caps that the hose fits onto broke off (my fault), other than that it was great. boiling water that's not stagnate pretty much always works. just filter it through your bandana and some sand, rocks and charcoal if you find some. but i do like the katadyn.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $25.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $25.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $25.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $25.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.