Being a Female Alone on the Road Comes With Constant Harassment

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Well im just an asshole with a resentment twoards women due to the abuse that ive suffered from them over the years. Some of it my fault some of it not. At least i can accept that some of its my fault. Thats who i am. This thread reeks of man hate imo.

D

Deleted member 125

Well im just an asshole with a resentment twoards women due to the abuse that ive suffered from them over the years. Some of it my fault some of it not. At least i can accept that some of its my fault. Thats who i am. This thread reeks of man hate imo.

the thread doesnt reek of man hate, yer responses just reek of bullshit that have very little to contribute to the OP's thread. if you have issues with resentment to women why not make yer own thread explaining how you feel justified in yer feelings instead of hi jacking this persons thread.

Last edited:

Shwhiskey Gumimaci

Reaction score
@Lightning Samurai It's laughable that all you got out of this post is a loose whore talking about being harassed who hates men and drinks too much alcohol. Oh and also assumed I was someone completely different and made offensive comments because of your assumption. I have nothing, absolutely nothing against men. That's why the majority of road dogs I've ever had were men. But the difference between the men I've traveled with and the men I'm mentioning in my post is that with my road dogs they would never assume that because I'm spending time with them and want to be around them as human beings that they some how have a right to have sex with me. There are a lot of decent, good guys on the road. This post isn't about them though. It's about my personal struggles as a lone female traveler. You obviously have some issues with women and I think you're projecting them onto me and might even feel attacked by this post. I understand there are things I could do to avoid being subjected to the behavior I deal with, but it comes down to the simple fact "no" means "no". Taking advantage of someone is NEVER okay. There's no excuse. This is not feminist propaganda, this is just decent human behavior

Last edited:

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
the thread doesnt reek of man hate, yer responses just reek of bullshit that have very little to contribute to the OP's thread. if you have issues with resentment to women why not make yer own thread explaining how you feel justified in yer feelings instead of hi jacking this persons thread for.
Thats why i said imo (in my opinion). The op is just a rant anyway and honestly i dont think its very beneficial to the community as said in the opening sentence in my op. (Not that she shouldnt be able to post, but shouldnt i be able to call bullshit from what i believe to be relevant experience as well? Isnt that what makes us grow as human beings? Instead of just blindly fallowing what someone said?) I already said my justifications in that i take accountability for allowing myself to be abused. Furthermore I dont even want to feel that way about women but sadly i do because of my experiences. So whatevs thats my problem to deal with and i wouldnt have even gotten in the mix if i didnt have what i believe to be relevant experience. And does anyone actually know her well enough to be able to say what i said isnt true? She could be lieing did you even consider that?
Sorry if i came off vehement but frankly im at a point in my life where im sick of bullshit. And im sorry if i dragged any of my personal emotion into the mix.

D

deleted user

@Lightning Samurai if growing as human beings is our objective, which I think it is, you should read abit about blaming the victim as stated before to have a groundedness to something neither of us will ever really understand. Something that has had the time taken to be expressed but not read.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...bqoukq2FSEEzKarcw&sig2=evaFQuBQYe0ADENG6JKFqg

This one is pretty good

Further, people hurt us, but it's not enough to blame a group of people I.e. women.

However, being subjected to violation warrents a thread+, and further still, Dispite maybe seeming one sided, their is no man hating here. Even if there was, which maybe can be preserved, it would be fustration boiling over. But from what I'm looking at, not really. If their is, it's pretty easy to understand and silly to be defensive about.

Their are tendencies fostered everywhere in this culture consistently that are acted out and for men. As apposed to the abuse that can happen to men from women, we can walk away from it.

We don't get forced, pregnant or killed.
I can't imagine your abuse ranking in this way. You WHERE able to take accountability because being destroyed was not a variable when you presude these women. Only thing getting hurt was your heart, not your body.

Further These women clearly described not presueing anything physical or romantic. Who is accountable to that? Their wardrobe or drinking, "shouldn't have known better/the real world sweetheart"? Fuck no, THiiiinnnk, really think whos getting an excuse here. How is it man hating when it's a serious concern (about a demographic of certain men)? What do you add to aiding women against monsters?

Dog owning techniques? Buddy system ideas? Support? Weapon advice?
No, they are lying, this has never happened to anyone.
As far as @Shwhiskey Gumimaci I have meet her and would say she is a pretty cool person and all there. Attacking her character is arbitrary, because, again, how did you site her?

"you ever think that how you conduct yourself might have something to do with how your treated? Do you think being super drunk all the time with your boobs falling out of your shirt whilst hanging out with all the schwilly fucks on decatur street is going to deter creepos?"

Fucky lunitics are not natural and should not be worked around. She will probably get the same amount of shitty attention as a yuppie girl at at bar because the opportunists discussed at the core of the conversation feel entitled. What strategy do you add?

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
And does anyone actually know her well enough to be able to say what i said isnt true? She could be lieing did you even consider that?

Yeah, I do actually. She's a very close personal friend of mine and your statements were wildly inaccurate. This conversation is extremely relevant to our community and we should all consider what we learned from this thread. Both the women's perspective as well the various reactions the males have been having.

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
This thread makes me sad in so many ways... Yes, women experience significantly more sexual harassment on the road than men. The flip-side of that is that normally women do way better spanging, flying, hitching, busking ect... while having to fend off constant advances. It's not fair in any sense of the word and more and more these days it seems like predators are infiltrating the traveling community. They've always been there, but it sucks how it seems like kids can't trust each other for shit these days. A decent grip of sketch-balls that got chased out of the community years ago seem to be coming back with different names but the same old tricks. If you're gonna travel solo as a women be armed and don't ignore red flags, ever. Just my 2 cents.

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Being a female on the road comes with constant harassment... Really? Thats some great publicity for women who are interested in this lifestyle. @Shwhiskey Gumimaci you ever think that how you conduct yourself might have something to do with how your treated? Do you think being super drunk all the time with your boobs falling out of your shirt whilst hanging out with all the schwilly fucks on decatur street is going to deter creepos? Yea i saw you in nola last mardi gras and i know that was last year but from the looks of it you havent changed. Im not coming to the defense of creepy assholes or anything in fact i probably hate them as much as anyone else but they exist none the less. Getting schwilly and fucked up all the time without any thought about who your with and whats going on is just irresponsible. This is the real world out here darlin and fucked up shit happens, its not some drainbow fantasy land where everything is all sugar plum fairy nonesense. You must be on your toes so good luck with that.

Wow dude... Just wow.. I'm sure on hot days you get the pleasure of being able to take your shirt off without being harassed . Fucking hell what is up with all these dudes victimizing the victims? Enjoy your white male privalge you dick

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com

Dude are you fucking kidding me? There's a difference between feminism, equality, and quasi new age man hating feminism which trust me, I do not support. But you JUST SAID you have resentment towards women, self proclaimed asshole? Sounds like you haven't taken ANY responsibility you're just a piece of shit that likes to make excuses for your misogynistic ridiculous women hating, victim blaming, this is the problem with our society point of view.

Reactions: shellshell

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Oh and by the way, I also PERSONALLY know @Shwhiskey Gumimaci and I can tell you for a fact she is an extremely intelligent, aware, and experienced travler and not a shwilly fuck that puts herself in fucked up positions. She's a beautiful person and guys try to take advantage of that, no women should ever have to deal with that especially not someone as kind and giving as she

Reactions: tacopirate

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
@SiriusDragon slow down a little. Calling people pieces of shit devalues the point you're trying to make.

Is it possible for us to continue this conversation without everyone becoming adversarial? This goes to everyone.

You're completely correct. I will certainly calm it down a bit, you know me I can get a bit Agro at times lol. Especially when it comes to the people I love like @Shwhiskey Gumimaci . My bad

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
This was a somewhat cynical answer because i figured that no matter what i said everyone was going to dislike my point of view so i figured fuck it i just as well admit im an asshole. So thanks for taking the bait @SiriusDragon seems like you got some resentments yourself. Do i have some resentments twoards some of things women do? Yea. Do i hate women? No. In fact there are plenty of women that i dont have any resentments twoards at all. I dont go out actively being an asshole to women because theyre women. In fact i got in a fight recently because i was calling out an active woman abuser type who had harassed one of my friends who is female. Im going through a really hard spot in my life that involves how ive been treated by my mother so sorry if i brought that here. Ive got some other shit to say but ill hold my tongue as like what ive said before it just seems like everyones going to hate on it.

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
This was a somewhat cynical answer because i figured that no matter what i said everyone was going to dislike my point of view so i figured fuck it i just as well admit im an asshole. So thanks for taking the bait @SiriusDragon seems like you got some resentments yourself. Do i have some resentments twoards some of things women do? Yea. Do i hate women? No. In fact there are plenty of women that i dont have any resentments twoards at all. I dont go out actively being an asshole to women because theyre women. In fact i got in a fight recently because i was calling out an active woman abuser type who had harassed one of my friends who is female. Im going through a really hard spot in my life that involves how ive been treated by my mother so sorry if i brought that here. Ive got some other shit to say but ill hold my tongue as like what ive said before it just seems like everyones going to hate on it.

Well that just makes you a troll, which is against the forum rules. Saying something to encourage an inflamed response? And then admitting it? I'd be surprised if the mods didn't get on that pretty quick. So so far you're an admittied asshole and an admitted troll? Why don't you go somewhere that trolls and assholes are welcomed then cause I don't think STP is that place

EDIT: my bad for engaging in the flaming. Should of slowed down before reacting. Will do my best to prevent being a dick hole in the future

Last edited:

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
@SiriusDragon youve done all kinds of flaming and trolling hypocrite. You cant take accountablity for your actions? It wasnt to encourage an inflamed response it was to see of id get one. Not to mention your being a pretty big asshole yourself. Ive tried to keep my conversation civil. You on the other hand have been completely unreasonable.

Last edited:

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
@SiriusDragon @Lightning Samurai

You are both flaming at this point and its getting old. You wanna talk shit on each other, than take it to a PM. If not then I have no problem handing out warnings to the both of you.

Stop antagonizing each other, you are both in the wrong in that regard.

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
My thoughts about that:

The whole discussion (at least most of it) is in my humble opinion pointless.

Just be careful! Be together with people (m/f) you trust. Or as other people suggested get a dog if you don't want to or have no one you want to travel with if you feel unsafe.

Are you to blame if men approach you in a way you don't want? Of course not.

Should "no" mean "no!"? Yes of course.

In an ideal world no woman would be afraid of rape or violence. Unfortunately we are not living in an ideal world. :(

Besides that, travelling and living this lifestyle is inherently dangerous,It should not be, but it is.

For example, in Salisbury, UK I met a guy in a wheelchair. Thought he had an accident and thus became homeless. Talked to him and he told me that no .... He was homeless, sleeping in a doorway and a bunch of assholes he never saw before put some acid upon him (he showed me the scarfs) and beat him so much that he never recovered and now he sits in a wheelchair.

It is dangerous on the road or on the streets - potentially.

There are no pros without cons.

Trust your gut feeling always and take precautiions, That is all what I can suggest.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads