Baltimore | Squat the Planet

Baltimore

barnaclebones

Reaction score
oh man... what isn't good in baltimore? too bad i missed this by a couple months, but whatever. you're ever there again, there are a lot of places to hang and meet people. red emma's coffee shop is a radical bookstore that rules... velocipede on charles street is the local bicycle co-op... cheap place to build a bike while you're in town.

Barclay house at 21st and barclay is on myspace... it's a showspace, and if you look it up and head there for a show, you might find someone there who'll tell you about nearby squats or a couch to crash on.

lots of kids in bmore... hope you ran into some cool ones at the show.

• Useful
Reactions: roughdraft

fig

Reaction score
anybody know if Barclay house is still active? there's a poster in Baltimore that's about to be homeless, doesn't seem to be connected to the punk network.

Reaction score
when i went through baltimore, the trucker i hitched with told me baltimore was a bad area. especially the north side. night time there was a fight, a hooker, and a lot of boarded doors, just in the ride through. not trying to scare, but legit i considered myself lucky to swerve that area. full skid row gang shit. this was 2016. downtown area looked nice, but the truck stop i was at looked pretty homebummy.

thats just my one experience, i walked north after that toward Penn. never touched down for real in baltimore. is baltimore actually pretty chill, and my experience was a fluke?

MetalBryan

Reaction score
The Baltimore Free Farm hosts Food Not Bombs & music shows. Not sure about their current serving schedule, but I've got reliable info that their operation is huge. I don't know first hand, but I heard their FnB chapter serves most days of the week. Eat free vegan food, help the less fortunate, and meet radical people.

And yeah, exercise common sense.

Reactions: fig

fig

Reaction score
when i went through baltimore, the trucker i hitched with told me baltimore was a bad area. especially the north side. night time there was a fight, a hooker, and a lot of boarded doors, just in the ride through. not trying to scare, but legit i considered myself lucky to swerve that area. full skid row gang shit. this was 2016. downtown area looked nice, but the truck stop i was at looked pretty homebummy.

thats just my one experience, i walked north after that toward Penn. never touched down for real in baltimore. is baltimore actually pretty chill, and my experience was a fluke?
That all sounds perfectly normal and to be expected in parts of any real city.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads