Baltimore (1 Viewer)

the wizard

Lurker
I'm gonna try to get up there for that eyehategod/pig destroyer show in october. What's good in baltimore, y'all?

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

barnaclebones

Lurker
Current Location
spencer (near ithaca) ny
oh man... what isn't good in baltimore? too bad i missed this by a couple months, but whatever. you're ever there again, there are a lot of places to hang and meet people. red emma's coffee shop is a radical bookstore that rules... velocipede on charles street is the local bicycle co-op... cheap place to build a bike while you're in town.

Barclay house at 21st and barclay is on myspace... it's a showspace, and if you look it up and head there for a show, you might find someone there who'll tell you about nearby squats or a couch to crash on.

lots of kids in bmore... hope you ran into some cool ones at the show.

fig

Current Location
On a plane
anybody know if Barclay house is still active? there's a poster in Baltimore that's about to be homeless, doesn't seem to be connected to the punk network.

Current Location
Seattle, Wa
when i went through baltimore, the trucker i hitched with told me baltimore was a bad area. especially the north side. night time there was a fight, a hooker, and a lot of boarded doors, just in the ride through. not trying to scare, but legit i considered myself lucky to swerve that area. full skid row gang shit. this was 2016. downtown area looked nice, but the truck stop i was at looked pretty homebummy.

thats just my one experience, i walked north after that toward Penn. never touched down for real in baltimore. is baltimore actually pretty chill, and my experience was a fluke?

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Current Location
USA
a fight, a hooker, and a lot of boarded doors
baltimore has a lot of everything including extremely bad stuff, what you mentioned here does not constitute extremely bad though, in my humble opinion

MetalBryan

Pilgrim
Current Location
Washington, DC
The Baltimore Free Farm hosts Food Not Bombs & music shows. Not sure about their current serving schedule, but I've got reliable info that their operation is huge. I don't know first hand, but I heard their FnB chapter serves most days of the week. Eat free vegan food, help the less fortunate, and meet radical people.

And yeah, exercise common sense.

fig

Current Location
On a plane
when i went through baltimore, the trucker i hitched with told me baltimore was a bad area. especially the north side. night time there was a fight, a hooker, and a lot of boarded doors, just in the ride through. not trying to scare, but legit i considered myself lucky to swerve that area. full skid row gang shit. this was 2016. downtown area looked nice, but the truck stop i was at looked pretty homebummy.

thats just my one experience, i walked north after that toward Penn. never touched down for real in baltimore. is baltimore actually pretty chill, and my experience was a fluke?
That all sounds perfectly normal and to be expected in parts of any real city.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$7.77
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $7.77 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $7.77 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $7.77 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $7.77 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

21/hr working for UPS the next few weeks? Hell yeah, i'll take it
3,000+ miles in a week and let me tell you, im tired. Most of it was on train but a couple hitches and probably 150-200 miles on a bike.
Steal everything your gay little hands can carry
OhmyGod, meth is stupid bruh.

Why fuck your l;ife, just go to sleep bruh.
So fucking cold. Fuck. Florida aint this fuckin cold.
Should I trash pick some more chick fil A codes for free sandwiches?! I already trash picked 1 so far...
interesting. the first place itself seems worth a trip. lol i don't think they get much traveling folk... and #5 silent hill anybody know where that is? the video discreetly avoids saying the location and i want to know. i watched the rest of the video and nothing else looks of interest to me
i need some good you tuber train riders to watch... i have a few like ranoutonarail a few others... who else is good?

Members online

No members online now.