Attempting to vagabond mexico/central/south america, need partner! | Squat the Planet

Attempting to vagabond mexico/central/south america, need partner!

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Hey hows it goin guys? Sorta new here and ive been wanting to vagabond all those places listed in the title for awhile on little to no money, i speak minimal spanish but am learning, im a 23 year old tattoo artist and vegetarian, been down there before but did the whole hostel/chicken bus thing but i had money at the time, now i want to go back and would like someone to go with, im NOT very picky as to what we do as long as i am on the road we can see/do/go to wherever you like.

Im am currently living in Brooklyn NY but will travel to meet up and we can head south together or whatever sort of arrangement you want. Either reply to this post or add me on facebook as that would be the best way to get ahold of me, facebook.com/everymanalion

I have all the time in the world to do this so no rush either! thanks:)

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
i have work in sf in a couple weeks..and if i can make enough, i was thinkin of just buyin a ticket to belize and heading south from there. there is a rainbow caravan travelin from brazil all the way up to mexico this year, for the world gathering in dec. i may try and hit that up

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
i have work in sf in a couple weeks..and if i can make enough, i was thinkin of just buyin a ticket to belize and heading south from there. there is a rainbow caravan travelin from brazil all the way up to mexico this year, for the world gathering in dec. i may try and hit that up
How are they gonna bypass the Darien Gap? There is no road connecting North and South America, just the extremely formidable
Darien Gap in the way. I know there used to be a ferry that ran between Colon Panama and Cartagena Columbia but I heard that
it is no longer in use.

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
Yeah, I wondered the same thing... Rainbow kids might just sprinkle some majikal fairy dust and sprout wings, though, really. There's still a way that you can take a series of boats, I believe, and it can ultimately be cheaper than flying, if you find the right capitans. But yeah, I would love to see a band of Rainbow chill'ren getting across that thing... :)

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
maybe we should all pitch in for a boat and just sail up the coast

ceege

Reaction score
I just posted somewhere else on here about a boat ride across. You can get across the Darien working on cargo ships from the Kuna Indian islands. Or pay a 400-500 dollar week long cruise to cartagena. Or just try to get a ride, also very plausible, from Colon Panama. Or pay 40 bucks in total for a series of speedboats from the Kuna islands to Turbo, Colombia. Or pay a plane (easy, no adventure). Anyway, those are my two bits.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads