asheville, NC

tapes

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I need information on possible squats to crash at, good places to get free food, and good places to spange in Asheville. any off ramps?
also, is it relatively easy to hitchhike out? i can't imagine it being a black hole. also, what's the yard like there?
sorry, this is a lot of questions but any help would be appreciated. i'm trying to get up there from columbia, SC by saturday or sunday if i can. i'm probably going to hitchhike; i don't think the columbia yard is really doable. i don't know anyone who's hopped out of there.

PM me any info you don't feel comfortable posting

Reactions: RebeccaSoup
I

IBRRHOBO

I hop a train there once a month to the Veteran's Administration over in Black Mtn. A-shole if FUCKED UP! I actually hitched there from Columbia once! Take the bus out to the last stop by the BP, I think it is. Easy hitch, though.

Run sign, go to jail 30 days. Panhandle go to jail 30 days. Camp, go to jail 30 days. Buncombe County ain't no punk either! Zero tolerence on homeless.

ABCCM feeds lunch across the interstate downtown, Sally feeds bag lunch for dinner. Mission feeds lunch and dinner. There's a day center called A HOPE on Ann St. 8-12 and 1-4 7 days a week. Food, showers, laundry.

Squats are a COMMODITY in A-hole! REAL hard to come by! Depending on ur scene I might be able to hook u up.

Got a couple day labors there, though. Most folk meet up @ Pritchard Park downtown. Yard is a breeze, though! If ur trying to head in the area I'd HIGHLY recommend K-ville over A-hole!

PM me if u have a cell and I'll shoot u mine and give u a better layout on it.

I

IBRRHOBO

Yup, kinda a sketchy place for a solo girl, though. Also, that WHOLE area, other than the artist's guild buildings, is a no man's land for crack heads! But, yeah cc is there.

severegout

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.ethernet.org
cherry st is where ABCCM is by the way... parallels the freeway... I-26 will take you down to Spartanburg/Columbia... easy hitch... if you were asking this about 7 years ago i'd tell you to catch the local down to Spartanburg over Saluda Grade (WAS steepest mainline grade in the US!) but now it's been shutdown... sand piled... sad. Best spot to catch I-26 to Spartanburg is to take the bus out to the airport and there is a great exit there. I used to drive a courier truck every morning down to Spartanburg and would see hitchhikers on that on ramp all the fucking time... picked a few up.

tapes

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i randomly got a ride up to asheville for sunday; a friend of a friend in columbia is helping me out.
mostly i just need places to stay now.
thanks for the help on knowing where to go to hitchhike out though! i have a feeling i will need to get back to cola after a week or so to handle some bullshit before i leave for portland and whatnot.

tapes

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
although thinking about it, knoxville sounds cool
i'll probably find my way over there.
i've pretty much got time to kill until the beginning of april/whenever richard sells his car...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads